• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Just did one last weekend, at Blue Fins, as a seller.
    If it is an FFL transfer, it is considered a DEALER SALE.
    The buyer had to provide their PIN and APPLICATION Number to the dealer/FFL.

Reason, is because they (the FFL) physically take possession of the "firearm", until the E77R is Not Disapproved, so it is (in this screwed up state) technically not a Private Sale...

The seller doesn't need to do any paperwork whatsoever, at the FFL.
    They made a copy of my driver's license, and asked for my cell number, I got paid by the buyer, and walked out the door.

I've done at least a half dozen at Blue Fins (as a seller), since the E77R started, and I have never had to provide anything other than a copy of my driver license.

Also, a time or two, was a buyer there, in what we'd all call a "private sale", that was done as a DEALER SALE...again, because the firearm is in possession of Blue Fins, for the 7 days.

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    When the buyer gives the seller his pin code and the seller pulls up the application and enters his info (name, address, driver license, soc. sec. #) is the sellers private info viewable to the buyer or anyone else? Also does the seller if he doesn't have an HQL need to establish an account? Reason I ask is that I have sold several regulated firearms through MDS and the buyers were established forum members and I did give them my info for the application. Even so maybe that was not wise but I have gotten inquiries on some guns by new members with zero posts (ie. no track record of posts that can give you some idea about them and how long they have been here).

I e-mailed this question to the MSP Licensing Div. this morning (tried to call them and you can't) and to my surprise got an answer this afternoon. They said social security number is not required but the personal info you place on the on-line 77R is viewable to the Buyer. And yes you do need an account to fill out the Seller portion of the on-line account.

jmb122mp

Nov 2, 2016
    I was the receiver/buyer in a private transaction in Jan 2019. I didn't know the seller's SSN and didn't believe I should even ask. I submitted the form without it. At the meetup at the MSP barracks for the final transfer, the seller has their turn with the officer to provide their personal information. Today, I brought up the form for this transfer online and the seller's SNN entry is blank with most other personal information in that section having "XXXXXXX". FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom