• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    If you need one dragged out you got my number. I owe you for the lead. Good luck

Thanks but that’s what these boys I taught to hunt are for lol

And you don’t owe me anything, it was my pleasure to help and it was nice meeting you!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Good luck everyone. Will be enjoying a sit in the woods myself. 44man do not know what part of somd you are in but will be in Charles Co myself so let me know if you need help.

Cheers all

I am in my spot in dentsville but I have boys I taught to hunt to drag them but I really appreciate the offer

This is a great place MDS

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Hanging out of a tree in HoCo.

Attachments

• 20201128_071708.jpg
      20201128_071708.jpg
      86.8 KB · Views: 222

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Well I was out. Never miss an opening day. Got to my stand and found a tree had fallen and taken it out. I inspected it ten days ago. Grateful I wasn’t in it! Large ash tree that has been dead for some time gave way. It was a good 50 feet away on a slope- I figured when it fell it would go the other way. Shows what I know. Home eating breakfast then back out with a chain saw.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Passed up 2 smaller does early. Lots of shots in Taylorsville area this am. Cousin is 1/4 mile away in opposite side of woods. He just touched off the 270 so I'm waiting to see if he sends a pic shortly.

Attachments

• 20201128_065106_copy_600x800.jpg
      20201128_065106_copy_600x800.jpg
      115.8 KB · Views: 211

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Just sitting here contemplating life

Attachments

• CAB4871A-C70E-459C-AE05-A4B949089D4A.jpg
      CAB4871A-C70E-459C-AE05-A4B949089D4A.jpg
      178.6 KB · Views: 208

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    Haven’t even seen my first squirrel here yet today. Heard a few shots early on in the distance but none since. Opening day is usually my best shot on this property and then it’s fairly rare to see a deer after that. I’m not sure what it is with this property but it’s surrounded by woods and deer don’t seem to stay, only pass through. Either way, still fun to get out but it gets pretty frustrating quick without seeing anything.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Down in Nanjemoy, quiet morning. 2 does and assume another but was too dark to see. Only heard one shot this am.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Quiet as expected, after my ass got wet I came into the house, my tree stand is opposite side of the valley next to my house. Now I'm sitting on the counter with a gun watching the valley.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Cousin hit one but we have managed to only find 2 drops of blood in the 150yds that the deer traveled that he could see. Were not giving up calling in more bodies to help with a grid search.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Heard my first shot at 6am here in Reisterstown. Lots of shooting up near Butler rd. Nothing but squirrels in my woods. Horse lady will be happy at least this morning. My savage 212 did not cause a stampede. Yet. Just checked my cameras and it was a deer orgy around 12:30am featuring a decent 8 that had disappeared around late august. The neighboring hunters appeared to not be in the game today and their feeder looked empty. Hopefully I make a gut pile later today.

Last edited:

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Update, two meat does for the freezer.

Back our this afternoon I hope (threw out my back last night so we will see if I make it that long), and back out tomorrow afternoon. Two other guys who hunt the same farm took a doe each too. If I make it back this afternoon I’ll be rotating stands to the other side of the farm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom