• Yes, end NFA

Votes: 148 92.5%
    • No, keep NFA

Votes: 12 7.5%

• Total voters

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For anything currently produced ( or capable of being economically produced with modern technology, with sufficient demand ) , prices would eventually go way down . M16 variants can just as easily be mfg for same cost as mid grade AR-15 variants . Lightning Links would probably sell for the cost of mid grade leather holster.

Original specimens of classics would hold steady ( mostly ) . Early to mid 1980s miscellaneous shooters would take a hit .

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'd take the hit, although it would cost me an easy $10K or more in lost value. Having said that, it's not likely to happen. A more pass-able option would be to deep-six 922(o), and replace it with a manufacturing tax on MGs of $3K or so. Preferably entailed...the funds go to support MG-capable ranges.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    For anything currently produced ( or capable of being economically produced with modern technology, with sufficient demand ) , prices would eventually go way down . M16 variants can just as easily be mfg for same cost as mid grade AR-15 variants . Lightning Links would probably sell for the cost of mid grade leather holster.

Original specimens of classics would hold steady ( mostly ) . Early to mid 1980s miscellaneous shooters would take a hit .

A full autoM4 made for rental right now from scratch is going to run about $1200 or so, plus tax stamp.

Transferable M16 is going to be $30k or so.

I see a serious problem with this.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A full autoM4 made for rental right now from scratch is going to run about $1200 or so, plus tax stamp.

Transferable M16 is going to be $30k or so.

I see a serious problem with this.

Agreed. I should be able to buy a full auto M4 for what I pay for a decent AR.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    You mean a full auto M4 made as a Dealer Sample for potential LE/ Government sales .
    A friend runs a gun shop that rents machine guns at the range. He informed me that the M4 his company manufactured, cost the company around 1k, before stamp.
    Agreed. I should be able to buy a full auto M4 for what I pay for a decent AR.
    Oh I totally agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom