• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I have been playing around with this Griffin Armament Revolution 9 for a few weeks now, this particular suppressor is a demo and I just recently found out that it has over 30k rounds down range, 20k of those were full auto fire. I find that impressive to say the least. A lot of people wonder what is the service life of a suppressor, well if it's user serviceable the service life equals a lifetime! So I wanted to see what kind of performance you get from a post 30k suppressor, can it still do the job? Well I found out that it can, and you can pretty much get this can back to a new state after you dump 10,20, and 30k rounds through it. For folks that like to "buy once cry once" this should come as music to your ears.

I tested the suppressor with several different subsonic and supersonic ammo brands, different host guns and calibers. In the end everything performed well and exceeded my expectations. There're a few dings though this suppressor is supposed to be a modular one, but the manufacturer suggests using loctite when assembling which in my opinion defeats the point. I have also noticed that the serialized tube has more of a laser surface engraving, which if painted would remove or hide important markings. That means if you beat it up over the years you can't refinish it and start fresh, or just change the color to roll with trends (Wolf Gray guys). Either way the Revolution 9 seems to be a solid 9mm suppressor and it's priced right along side of equally capable suppressors. So now it just boils down to just name, if that matters to you. Hope this review helps anyone in the market for this or similar suppressors.

PMKMD

Jul 13, 2010
    I tested the suppressor with several different subsonic and supersonic ammo brands, different host guns and calibers. In the end everything performed well and exceeded my expectations. There're a few dings though this suppressor is supposed to be a modular one, but the manufacturer suggests using loctite when assembling which in my opinion defeats the point. I have also noticed that the serialized tube has more of a laser surface engraving, which if painted would remove or hide important markings. That means if you beat it up over the years you can't refinish it and start fresh, or just change the color to roll with trends (Wolf Gray guys). Either way the Revolution 9 seems to be a solid 9mm suppressor and it's priced right along side of equally capable suppressors.

I found this thread looking for GARevolution 9 reviews and I had a question. In the description on silencer co it states that you can shoot 5-7 rounds and the. You need to let it cool off. What is your experience?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Don't misunderstand my post: Rev 9 is a great can at a good price point. But a true rifle-rated can is going to be heavy and you don't want something heavy hanging from your pistol or PCC. Its a tradeoff.

PMKMD

Jul 13, 2010
    Don't misunderstand my post: Rev 9 is a great can at a good price point. But a true rifle-rated can is going to be heavy and you don't want something heavy hanging from your pistol or PCC. Its a tradeoff.

Thanks Dan, I have a rifle can already, a gemtec One and it works well. I have used it during training and shot 90 rounds at a time through it. I wanted the same for my pistol one.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Thanks Dan, I have a rifle can already, a gemtec One and it works well. I have used it during training and shot 90 rounds at a time through it. I wanted the same for my pistol one.

Maybe you misunderstood the 5-7 shot thing.

For 9mm (or 45 cal if you get that), you can put a bazillion rounds through it. Of course, cleaning it after your 5 boxes (250 rounds) through it in one sitting is a biatch. Dont ask me how I know.

The 5-7 shot thing only applies to rifle rounds. i.e. if you shoot 556 / 7.62x39 / 300blk / 308 through it.

For 9mm, the only sound you will hear is at the ejection port, even in a PCC and in the K configuration.

Here is the actual rating info: https://www.griffinarmament.com/revolution-9-silencer-mod-3/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom