• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 28, 2019
    This past Saturday I visited AGC Mariottsville as I do most weekends. I usually shoot my 3 sig’s (365, 320, and 250) as well as my AR15. However when I arrived, I heard a sounds that I hadn’t heard anywhere outside of Quantico... fully automatic firearms! I tell my buddy that I’m with that I need to take a quick gander at the amazement that is all of the MAC-10s that I see and hear. And to my surprise, I also get to feast my eyes on a Type 99 as well as a plethora of suppressors!

The group of guys and gals there were more than happy to explain to me the in’s and out’s of the ATF forums and even let me fire a few (full auto!!) rounds down range. I seriously can’t thank them enough for the amazing opportunity and I absolutely hope to run into them again at the range!

I’ll also be exploring this subforum of MDS extensively in the next few days as I learn the ropes myself as to purchasing NFA items.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I was there on Saturday as well fir about 3 hours at the Barnes (100 yard) range. About 25 minutes before I left they started up the full auto on the pistol range. Sounded awesome. Saturday was spectacular weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I am glad you made it out and thanks for posting.

Check out this thread I made years ago: https://mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=42103

I always suggest a M11 or M11A1 these days. I just saw one sell on Sturmgewher.com for $7k.

Also check out Uzitalk's Mac forum for up to date info.

Finally check Lage's website for some great upper options. http://www.max-11.com/

I should’ve bought one years ago after I came to the MG open house at AGC. (Maybe 6 years ago?)
    Became a member at AGC shortly thereafter.
    Back then I think they were around 2700-3K

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I should’ve bought one years ago after I came to the MG open house at AGC. (Maybe 6 years ago?)
    Became a member at AGC shortly thereafter.
    Back then I think they were around 2700-3K

You know...

Its actually still a great great time to buy! When I first made this thread, the Lage uppers were just coming out and there was a waiting list. Now they are 2.5x that price.

Now a 223 Upper from Lage is coming out for this gun! This is going to drive prices up much of the same way in the next few years. I see these passing Uzis in time! Seriously, these will be $13-$15k guns in 4-5 years.

IF YOU EVER want in this... now is the time to buy! I have a very prove track record on this as the link thread proves. That thread alone probably sold 20 or so MGs to people and NOT one has ever told me they regretted it. However plenty like you have said they missed out. Its a painful thing to do. You may need to sell some guns or work extra shifts...etc. but you should consider doing it now! The regret will be double when these 223 uppers get going and people are getting near M16s for $10k. Seriously! I can't stress it enough... time to make the jump! You will thank me later! Don't let us have this conversation again in 6-7 years about how you missed your chance twice!

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Lol. No way I’m getting into the FA game now. Don’t have that kind of coin.

None of us do! Seriously, Look around at your collection. What would you rather have less than a Mac? Add up the value in your head. If you sell it, can you afford it? If the answer is yes, sell it and get a MG!

Trust me, I would take 1 MG over a pile of rifles and pistols. I hear all the time I can't come up with the money when people have 20 guns they have not shot for 5 years and are worth $500 each or so... Sell them!

Trust me, few of us are buying MGs today without feeling the pain of needing to sell other stuff we still would not mind keeping but let go to make the jump! I sold gun stuff for a year to buy a M16 and I am only said I did not do it sooner!

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Or, you could join the military and get paid to shoot really cool stuff!:D
    Yeah that's sort of why the MG hobby never appealed much to me. Shooting cool stuff at work has always been a regular part of my life.

That said, if I could use my IRA/401k money to buy machine guns without taking the tax penalty, I'd consider buying something belt fed. Pretty safe investment.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Yeah that's sort of why the MG hobby never appealed much to me. Shooting cool stuff at work has always been a regular part of my life.

That said, if I could use my IRA/401k money to buy machine guns without taking the tax penalty, I'd consider buying something belt fed. Pretty safe investment.

Something tells me you aren’t shooting Maxims, BARs, and MG34s at work. ;)

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    And 6 years from now you'll post on here: " I should have got that M11 back in 2019 when it was only $7K"

:lol2:

Nope. Too rich for my blood. Better things to do with my money. Well, not better, just other interests.
    Never going to spend 7K on a gun

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I'm looking for a new range while I'm in Maryland for a bit

is it easy to get into here?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Yes, there are a number of ways. The easiest is to sign up for Baltimore Rifle Club and schedule a walk through. See here: https://baltimorerifleclub.com/BoldGrid/gallery/

Arlington is also a good choice and they have a lot of events, including action and steel shooting: https://arlingtonrpc.org/

Of course the best club by FAR is Maryland Thompson Collectors (MDTCA), that said its a Machine gun club... So I guess it depends on what are you looking for. If I was not already in the best club, yeah Arlington might be the next club I would check out. ;)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There are several excellent all around full service clubs, whole buncha specialized clubs, and totally no frills clubs .

Baltimore Rifle is a popular inexpensive no frills club . OR MSRPA has been affiliated for a while now , and your membership $ there would also support their gun rights efforts .

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Of course the best club by FAR is Maryland Thompson Collectors (MDTCA), that said its a Machine gun club... So I guess it depends on what are you looking for. If I was not already in the best club, yeah Arlington might be the next club I would check out. ;)

The best club is also the hardest and most expensive to get in because Uncle Sam has to approve, after maybe 12 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom