• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    I am trying out an Accuwedge, having a little problem orienting it, A liitle Help?
    JW

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Orient it right into the trash can. I don't like them. While they tighten up your receivers, they also make it difficult to get them apart.

I'll see if I can take a pic.

ETA: mch28 beat me to it.

accuwedge.JPG

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    If you don't like the play, put an o-ring on the front lug of the upper receiver. Use different size o-rings to find the correct thickness.

Accuwedge is garbage.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I've never had a problem with 'em. Squeeze the upper and lower together slightly and push the rear pin by hand.

For a range rifle, I could live with it. God forbid, if I ever needed to break down the rifle in an emergency jam situation, I DO NOT want that thing in there. Mine is waaaay too hard to separate with it compared to without it. Now granted, in a HD situation, I have several other rifles I could grab if I had the time. Others may not have that luxury. To each, their own. I choose not to use them anymore.

Last edited:

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    I don't see how they are garbage. Alls they do is tighten up the lower/upper receiver fit a bit. I once had one stolen from an M16 that was issued to me as I turned it into the armory. Apparently the armorer wanted it worse than me...

I doubt they change any accuracy, but they do make an AR platform feel a little less "cheap" if they are a sloppy fit.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I don't see how they are garbage. Alls they do is tighten up the lower/upper receiver fit a bit. I once had one stolen from an M16 that was issued to me as I turned it into the armory. Apparently the armorer wanted it worse than me...

I doubt they change any accuracy, but they do make an AR platform feel a little less "cheap" if they are a sloppy fit.

Probably took it out do there wouldnt be something extra and unneeded inside the receiver that could break up and jamitself into the hammer or somewhere else. They don't do anything for accuracy as the optics and barrel are both in the upper. They do push the upper and lower apart to create a nice gap on either side though.

I have seen a better fix if you're concerned about the play. On the rear lug drill a hole in the bottom and tap in a set screw. That way it pulls the upper closer to the lower since the play at the bottom of the hole the pin goes through is taken up by the screw.

Of course the best and easiest way would just be replace the pins with match pins that are a little bigger than standard to remove the play without anything extra.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Probably took it out do there wouldnt be something extra and unneeded inside the receiver that could break up and jamitself into the hammer or somewhere else. They don't do anything for accuracy as the optics and barrel are both in the upper. They do push the upper and lower apart to create a nice gap on either side though.

I have seen a better fix if you're concerned about the play. On the rear lug drill a hole in the bottom and tap in a set screw. That way it pulls the upper closer to the lower since the play at the bottom of the hole the pin goes through is taken up by the screw.

Of course the best and easiest way would just be replace the pins with match pins that are a little bigger than standard to remove the play without anything extra.

:lol::lol::lol:

If you can provide (1) documented case of an accuwedge "breaking free" when it is locked into an AR lower/upper receiver and wreaking havoc in the FCG I will be amazed. This is not remotely possible....whatsoever. It isn't going anywhere when it's locked in, hence why the pins are harder to remove.

The M16 was issued to me, zeroed by me, only shot by me. They had no business messing with my setup whether I put an aftermarket sling, or whatever else on it as long as it was in accordance with unit SOP. There was nothing against SOP for an accuwedge. The Armorer even once said "Yeah those things are pretty nice"...then mine ended up going missing :sad20:

There are lots of ways to take up play, if a user feels it is excessive, between the AR upper and lower. None really do anything the others don't, except they do it in a different manner. Some argue it will improve accuracy, but I don't see it happening. None will really hurt anything except the JB weld method, as it'd be a permanent fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom