• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    Building a new Ar, Noveske N-4 lower, Larue Upper, DD rail, 14.5 Afgan Noveske Barrel, Vtlor stock clubfoot, RRA NM 2 stage trigger. My questin is I was going to make this a piston upper and Bought a Adams Arms carbine kit , however it will not fit on the Noveske Barrel. What barrel do you recommend?
    I cannot find a Larue barrel.
    Just curious.
    JW

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    LaRue doesn't sell their barrels separately. You can only get them with an upper or complete rifle. You are trying to put a carbine length gas system on a mid gas barrel. 7" gas system vs. a 9". Your options are to go with a mid gas AA kit if it's available, go with the DI setup that is already on the Noveske barrel, or buy a different carbine length gas barrel.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Why build a nice gun and then mess it up with a retro-fit solution to a problem that doesn't exist? I'd like to see a test of any piston gun up against a Noveske DI gun. Or buy a SCAR, a gun that was designed as a piston from the start. To fix your problem why not get a Noveske N4 barrel instead?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Why build a nice gun and then mess it up with a retro-fit solution to a problem that doesn't exist? I'd like to see a test of any piston gun up against a Noveske DI gun. Or buy a SCAR, a gun that was designed as a piston from the start. To fix your problem why not get a Noveske N4 barrel instead?

:thumbsup:

JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    Thats the way I was thinking. I will build what I have and Play with the Adams on a another build or just sell it. Thanks for the Help.
    JW

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom