• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    You should go.... got to know for sure if its 100%.... you wont like it when my Olympic Arms gets more point in reliability.LOL

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Hahaha - True, if I wasn't so worried about upsetting the few neighbors I have, I'd bump it - just to be sure of it's operation.

This is why I need a can, so I could do some more in-depth testing without upsetting the neighbors...

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Hahaha - True, if I wasn't so worried about upsetting the few neighbors I have, I'd bump it - just to be sure of it's operation.

This is why I need a can, so I could do some more in-depth testing without upsetting the neighbors...

i know i can shoot with my suppressed .22 at squirrels without hassle from the neighbors...:sad20: she's either a tree hugger or anti-gun...so I dont shoot much

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I wound up going to sub-sonic's for my .22 just to keep a lower-profile at home, but found out my pellet gun does the job more effectively for tree-rats, still fun to light them up with the S/S .22's, if they'd leave the bird-feeder alone, I'd leave them alone.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I wound up going to sub-sonic's for my .22 just to keep a lower-profile at home, but found out my pellet gun does the job more effectively for tree-rats, still fun to light them up with the S/S .22's, if they'd leave the bird-feeder alone, I'd leave them alone.

i kill them cuz they raid my 3 apple trees...of which only 2 flowered this year...I dont know If ill be here long enough to get the apples. I'll still pop the squirrels though...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Aside from the bird feeder, they're marked for death simply cause they caught my mom's car on fire one day, stashed acorns and crap on the exhaust manifold - made it into DC before it burst into flames.

So, they're fair game in my eyes.

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    Welcome Tommy!

I was there Saturday too. MG desperately needs enforcement down there on Saturdays. I heard them saying they were staying one hour for each of them. What scares me is that people like that have weapons and give shooters a bad reputation. Inconsiderate and unsafe. A lack of integrity and character.

If you go Mon - Wed mornings you usually don't run into the a$$ hats. As for safety, I was down there this morning and had some kid sweep his muzzle across me a few times. MG should hold basic safety classes.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    For the newer guys, I'd just like to remind them that threads here involving MG, tend to be monitored, and not by people that want to improve MG, but shut it down permanently. Just something to keep in mind.

If they'd allow volunteer RSO's, a lot of these issues would be non-existent, I believe at one time they did allow volunteer's, but change in management put an end to that.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I like myrtle grove Its a nice facility I just wish there was something closer to me. Msar is acctually closer to me but I hear alot of bad stuff about the place. The only reason I like it is I can shoot as long as I want. I dont like feeling rushed at the range. Its my stress relief. Its either that or beating hookers to death with a baseball bat on gta 4. lol.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I won't go to MSAR solely because of the asshattery I've witnessed in the past, and I've shot myself twice up there. Specifically - .45 ACP on the end lane to the right, somehow the jacket was peeled off and came back at me, one in the arm, one in the chest. Barely broke skin, but haven't been back since.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I won't go to MSAR solely because of the asshattery I've witnessed in the past, and I've shot myself twice up there. Specifically - .45 ACP on the end lane to the right, somehow the jacket was peeled off and came back at me, one in the arm, one in the chest. Barely broke skin, but haven't been back since.

well if you stop shooting the target holder.. it wont happen.. :lol2:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

gotta hold the gun sideways there:innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    well if you stop shooting the target holder.. it wont happen.. :lol2:

Kinda hard to do when the holder is at the end of the range... ;)

Yes, not going for the 'kill shot' is probably what got me... :lol2:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Kinda hard to do when the holder is at the end of the range... ;)

Yes, not going for the 'kill shot' is probably what got me... :lol2:

been hit with the recochet once.. and take a wild guess where it came from? them leo having fun/ragging on each other who shoots better on the other side of the range. :innocent0

on one note.. been there almost weekend.. only seen 1 or 2 that are asshats. i may be just lucky.. :innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It's been many moon's since I was in MSAR, went a few months ago to try and get a tac-light for the .45, the price shocked me so bad my quote to the guy behind the counter was 'Are you f@cking kidding me..., I can get it for $300 cheaper on-line...', and there was a line to the door waiting to get on the range, so I said screw it.

Huckleberry43

Apr 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I have been to MSAR twice now. The first time there were quite a few LEOs (at least one was security I assume by the uniform) and I saw at least one shooter being taught by a friend which I particularly enjoy. Everyone that day SEEMED to have common sense. I went a second time though and the line was out the door. I didn't stay long, I just left without shooting. There are lots of holes in the roof too which is kind of disturbing... holes in the partitions which scares me a little more tbh.

I've also shot myself with a ricochet (not at MSAR), it was a .50 AE that hit me in the chest that my own noob (at the time) asshatery got me after I shot a steel plated at 15' and INSTANTLY (or so it felt) took the ricochet in the chest just right of center. It scared the sh*t out of me and I vowed not to shoot steel again. I've only shot paper, or bambi since then and life has been good.

Everyone has to learn. Hopefully its not at someone else's demise. Honestly new shooters are what keep this sport alive. The more the merrier. Its all of our duty to inform them when we see stuff (such as being muzzled) that isn't right. I was at Freestate Shooting Range today (for the Ball Buster) and I got muzzled by an employee 3x before I decided to sit on the other side of the room. I should have said something but I didn't. I failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom