• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Well I finally decided to take the plunge. Got my collectors approval letter in the mail today along with a fat paycheck so I went out and spent some. I decided I'm gonna atleast build my own Lower. Went out and got me a stripped spikes lower. It's gonna take a little while to complete so I'll keep y'all posted and picks when I'm done.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    It's a place down in waldorf that I saw at the outdoor show last weekend. Angus's trading post or something like that. He had a like 4 or 5 of the colored ones and 2 of the plain ones. I got a plain one. I want to try to put in my own color.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Ya its gonna take a little while. Building on a budget. Buying parts when I can. Just haven't decided if I want to build an upper or just buy a complete one.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Ya its gonna take a little while. Building on a budget. Buying parts when I can. Just haven't decided if I want to build an upper or just buy a complete one.

Good for you, man!
    Building on a budget meself as my little girl started school this year. A little here, a little there and you"ll have your AR before you know it. I started picking up pieces in January of this year and am now only waiting for my stripped lower from the group buy to put everything together.
    Patience and good luck!

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    I been thinking alot lately about getting an AR. I dont have anything in perticular in mind yet. Still thinking. Im open to suggestions. Was just wondering is it better to buy 1 from a shop or build 1 myself? Im no gunsmith but im pretty good at figuring things out. Any new gun I get I break em down and figure out how to put it all back together anyways. Havent screwed 1 up yet.:D

why do you want an AR? I only ask because I bought a Mini-14, traded it for an AR, and then traded the AR for an SGL AK. That said, my favorite long guns are my Mosins. It was a great experience buying / shooting / fondling / et cetera all of them, but the Mosins take the cake as far as I am concerned.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Well I've got an ak and plan on getting a mosin sooner or later. I just want an Ar mainly for the whole " just cause I can" reason. I like guns, all guns. Hell you could put a pistol grip on a cannon barrel and I'd give it a try.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I'd go Bravo Company all the way, and build your own. I did this a few months back and its my favorite firearm BY FAR! I got the lower from G and R tactical, and I got the upper from BCM directly. If nothing else get a Bravo Company Bolt Carrier Group. Check out Bravo Company Manufacturing though, either way. Top notch all the way (I'd say better than Colt).

I love BCM, :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom