• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Not sure HOW new, but it has the new tag on Cabela's website. Interchangeable .22lr/.22mag revolver cylinders, sights, rail, pistol grip. Looks interesting, but has anybody had a chance to play with one yet?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I've seen all calibers of these sitting in local gun stores and even Wal-Marts for quite a few months. They are expensive novelty items. There are plenty of way better choices in high-quality .22LR and .22WMR rifles for less money, even half the price or lower.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    A .22wmr only is what I was looking at pricing on (before looking around at used pricing), but the novelty is what got me. I figure its more of a niche thing so maybe they made too many and I'll be able to find one kind of cheap. I'm more curious if its something that is going to fall apart from regular use or if its well made.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I wasn't thrilled with the quality of the ones I've checked out. Not bad. Not great. Just okay. No way would I buy one at the asking prices I've seen given so many well-respected alternatives. Buy one if it's what you really want. Resale value later might be awful, though. If you buy one, blast shields or not, be very careful about keeping your arms and hands clear of the front of the cylinder when firing. The hot gas and metal pieces spewing out sideways from the front of the cylinder can easily take off a thumb or fingers or seriously injure a forearm.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Definatly an interesting gun, but I've never been a fan of revolver carbines... my face and forward hand/arm are way too close to the gap gases for my liking.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Would have thought about the gasses as soon as I handled it. Manageable with a bi pod or shooting sticks, but yea bumps it way down the list unless I find one at an insane discount. Better options for a multi-caliber rimfire gun, and hell you can almost get a .22lr, .22wmg, and a .17 for the same money if you go used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom