• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    Went to Delmarva to run some lead. Ran about 100 rounds of .223, UMC 55gr.
    at 100 and 200 yards, ok at 100, but today for some reason at 200 yards I realy sucked. Was all over the place. Later in the shoot my Chip McCormick
    single stage would not double tap. Dirty I think, was fine early in the day. I put the AR away. :o

Next some low power plinking, thats right .22lr. I had replaced the stock
    with a black polymer stock (tacticalcool) :lol2: It's an old Marlin Mod. 60 I paid about 60.00 for too many years ago, with a Charles Daly 3-9x40mm
    scope on it, that cost five times what the Marlin did. It ran ok. It will be my "tree rat" rifle this year.

Next, my old long slide .45acp. I had replaced the rear sight a few weeks ago and this was my first time out with it. First few rounds to get on paper were
    "Where the hell are these things hitting", ever have one of those days?
    Long story short, I was way low, I got it to hit somewhere near what I was pointing at and I left it at that.

On a lighter note, Delmarva has some new steel targets on the handgun
    side to shoot at. One is about the size of a small child , that when hit falls over, made from heavy steel plate. Ok the small child thing might be over the top, but I call them as I see them.:innocent0

While I was not too happy with my shooting today, it was a good day to be
    at the range. I met a guy from across the bridge that was having trouble with a new Bushmaster, FTF/ Cycle. So I told him of this site and our shoot on the 28th.

I feel better now.:party29:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Next, my old long slide .45acp. I had replaced the rear sight a few weeks ago and this was my first time out with it. First few rounds to get on paper were
    "Where the hell are these things hitting", ever have one of those days?

Yeah, Novus Collectus took me out to Berwyn the first time and I took a 03A3. I couldn't tell where the hell the rounds were hitting and that was odd because that rifle is way more accurate than I am. After scratching my head I remembered that I had replaced the front sight since the last time I shot it with a higher one, duh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom