• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    just read this

You are included on this mass email distribution because you are either law enforcement, local municipality, or a news agency for the eastern shore of Maryland. The A-10s of the 104th Fighter Squadron, Baltimore, Maryland Air National Guard will be conducting some low level training 14-17 April in the afternoon 3:45pm-5:00pm, vicinity of the following communities: Vienna, Mardela Springs, Nanticoke, Mt Vernon, Deale Island, Dames Quarter, Chance, Oriole, Venton, Upper Hill, Upper Fairmont, Fairmont, Rumbly, and Marion Station. Airspace has been coordinated with the FAA, and we will mitigate the impact to residents on the ground by avoiding populated areas and adhering to all FAA and US Air Force regulations.

We are very grateful to have the opportunity to use this airspace and would like to continue doing so. Again, we will make every effect to mitigate the impact on our fellow MD residents. If there is anything else you require, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for your consideration.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    just read this

You are included on this mass email distribution because you are either law enforcement, local municipality, or a news agency for the eastern shore of Maryland. The A-10s of the 104th Fighter Squadron, Baltimore, Maryland Air National Guard will be conducting some low level training 14-17 April in the afternoon 3:45pm-5:00pm, vicinity of the following communities: Vienna, Mardela Springs, Nanticoke, Mt Vernon, Deale Island, Dames Quarter, Chance, Oriole, Venton, Upper Hill, Upper Fairmont, Fairmont, Rumbly, and Marion Station. Airspace has been coordinated with the FAA, and we will mitigate the impact to residents on the ground by avoiding populated areas and adhering to all FAA and US Air Force regulations.

We are very grateful to have the opportunity to use this airspace and would like to continue doing so. Again, we will make every effect to mitigate the impact on our fellow MD residents. If there is anything else you require, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for your consideration.

Appreciate the heads up. A while back my family was camping in a valley on that aircraft carrier called the United Kingdom. I was up at dawn cooking breakfast when I saw two dots appear on the horizon way down the valley. In seconds two Warthogs flew directly over me at what seemed to be about 50 feet, but was probably more like 500 feet. Up at the other end of the valley was a range they were heading toward to expend a little ordnance. No wonder the camp site was cheap! Keep 'em flyin'.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    That sounds like it would be neat to see (and hear...and feel). Many many years ago I got to experience the Blue Angels practicing overhead, which would have been really awesome except for the fact that I was at a horse show. The horses really didn't appreciate the opportunity so much.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Cool. I wonder where the best places to watch will be.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    we have them fly REAL low over deal island all the time. Fun to watch, makes me want to make my next model an A10

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    This is cool but everyone is worrying about Military Spec ops on the ground in several cities throughout Texas. okie dokie :innocent0

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    A10s used to practice bombing runs at turkey Point up here. I used to love watching that. I don't see them much except when theyre en route somewhere.
    Before the gulf war they would fly straight and level and 500-1000 ft or so. After the war, they were flying between the telephone poles! ;)

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    just read this

That sucks! As long as it wasn't a frequent, annoying occurrence, I would welcome a free air show over my neighborhood.

_JT_

Jan 30, 2009
    Cecil County
    A10s used to practice bombing runs at turkey Point up here. I used to love watching that. I don't see them much except when theyre en route somewhere.
    Before the gulf war they would fly straight and level and 500-1000 ft or so. After the war, they were flying between the telephone poles! ;)

They still do, although its been quieter over the past few weeks. Love seeing them in formation usually 2 as many as 6, flying under 1000ft. Still hate that they're being phased out when everyone who's either been on their side or against has the same respect for the machine. It's the only plane that instills fear into enemies thru intimidation and force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom