• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    I want to sell a pistol to a buddy in Delaware , me from md. Does it have to come from my ffl to his for the transfer or just go thru his ffl directly from me?
    I am taking one of his on trade, so I know that has to go to my ffl, but does it have to come from an ffl?
    Jw

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    If the receiving FFL will accept a firearm from a private person, then neither gun has to originate from a FFL. Some dealers will not accept a gun from a private person however.

Since you both will need a FFL for the transfer, you may be able to work out a deal with your respective shops for the sending and receiving of the handguns. Also, FFL's can use the USPS to ship a handgun. That may be less expensive than using UPS or FedEx.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fewer will have issues with receiving FTF standing in their place of business than would receiving from out of state individual via Common Carrier.

FWIW , KeepShoot has handled a transfer for me from out of state private Individual. The common practice is for the seller to include a copy of Driver Lic , or similar State issue ID .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom