• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Anybody around here shooting a Glock 22 with the Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel..?? What are your experiences with this setup..?? Any info, suggestions etc. are appreciated, thanks.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I'm shooting the 23 with the Lone Wolf 9mm barrel. I'm very pleased. Make sure to get the conversion recoil spring for the 17. I find it also works better with 124 grain loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonathanglock

Oct 8, 2011
    Smithsburg, MD
    I've had one for about 5 years. I've had good luck with it, no problems. I use 9mm magazines, and nothing else. I know there are some that don't like them, and say that they can damage the slide. But, they are cheaper than a whole new gun, no ffl, shipped right to your door, no hql. One day when I can afford a Glock 17, I will probably get one. But until then, I'll shoot my Glock 22 with the Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel, the 357 sig barrel and the Advantage Arms .22lr slide

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    i shot my g22 with the 40-9 conversion today at the delta steel plate match. 3rd match ive shot it without cleaning the gun, and i had a few failures. mostly misfeeds. it did make for good failure drill practice though. prior to this it had run flawlessly with my reloads and full power ammo, but today i was shooting Winchester white box too, which may have contributed to the problem.

ejection with the stock .40 extractor and recoil spring was always anemic, more like brass tumbling out instead of EJECTION.

At first the chamber was very tight, fired brass from the conversion barrel plunked right into a stock 9mm barrel, so i polished/reamed it some for feeding reliablility, but it still sometimes chokes when the chamber fouls with carbon.

i run it with the factory and magpul 9mm magazines.

all in all, i plan to keep running it in matches, but i need to clean it every match.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Lone Wolf specifically recommends against Winchester white box. I had problems with cheapy Perfecta ammo too. I just ran a box of Aguila 124gr through it with zero problems.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Junk IMO. I cant count the # of these things that are unreliable, even with "tweaks" they can sometimes damage the factory slide.

Sell the .40 and buy a 9mm

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I like my 23 in .40. The only reason that I bought the Lone Wolf barrel is I give shooting lessons and I have some clients that would prefer 9mm vs. .40. I've run Aguila, Fiocci, and Blaser Brass through the LW barrel without a single failure or any sign of slide wear. I have a bunch of Speer Lawman in 124 gr that I am looking forward to running through it. I got the ported barrel and it is such a joy to shoot.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Thanks for the info on the LW conversion barrel guys, I'm looking forward to trying one out in the near future.

I have no plans to sell the .40 and buy a 9. If I wasn't considering a conversion barrel I would just buy a 9 to compliment my current stable of .40's. I've owned a half dozen or so 40's including SIG's, S&W's, etc. and loved em' all, and have no intention of ever dumping .40 as a caliber in favor of 9mm.

shovel1966

May 14, 2016
    Springfield, VA
    I have a Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 23 and it has worked flawlessly for several years now. They are much more expensive than the Lone Wolf barrels and not worth the extra price. (I also have Lone Wolf barrels for other Glocks) I just drop in the barrel and use a 9mm mag. I shoot with the stock springs, extractor, etc. Absolutely no issues so far.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I have a Storm Lake conversion barrel (G23-to-9mm) I will sell to anyone interested. Since I recently purchased a 9mm suppressor, I ended up buying a complete G19 slide with threaded barrel and raised sights for my G23, so I no longer have a need for the conversion barrel.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I have a Storm Lake conversion barrel (G23-to-9mm) I will sell to anyone interested. Since I recently purchased a 9mm suppressor, I ended up buying a complete G19 slide with threaded barrel and raised sights for my G23, so I no longer have a need for the conversion barrel.
    Did you switch your extractor to 9 mm?

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Did you switch your extractor to 9 mm?

No, the only thing I swapped out of my G23 was the barrel and I used 9mm mags. Took it to the range once to try out the 9mm barrel and had no problems. I'll admit that I was surprised, but the full extent of my experience was around 50 rounds.

When I got my suppressor, I needed a 9mm threaded barrel and found a complete gen 3 slide assembly (with threaded barrel and raised suppressor sights) on gunbroker, so I bit the bullet (pun intended) and purchased it. It was almost 3 times the price of the barrel, but in my case, I didn't have any other option other than buying a complete G19.

Last edited:

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV

PM sent on the barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom