• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD

Ha! It's hard enough trying to explain to outsiders about our laws while trying to keep a straight face. We should have been absolutely able to answer the gentleman with knowledge of our own gun laws as crazy as they seem. Our fault.
    We work for a very old bait, tackle, and gun shop down here that still complies with that older law. We the employees have work to do to get him to update his interpretation of any gun sales laws. Hard to do with one who is very set in his ways.:o

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    MUST.........REFRAIN...FROM..COMMENTING ON........CUSTOMERS...

grapple-570x319.jpg

strained-face-guy.jpg

tension.jpg

157307768.jpg

kevin-garnett-strain-face.jpg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Get one of those super-cheap clear plastic water guns, and keep it under the counter, stored in a top-quality OEM gun case.

When someone like this genius walks in and starts with his (wink, wink... "I'll pay cash") routine, do this:

Wink ;) back at the guy... then in a hushed tone, say...

"Tell you what, pal - sometimes I get customers like you, who I really want to help, 'cuz I know you're on the up-and-up, but through no fault of your own you're somehow prohibited from owning guns. So I have this really nice piece I've been saving. It's untraceable. I can sell it to you, cash only, but you have to give me your WORD that you'll never tell anyone where you got it. Because it would mean losing my business, if word got out. The price is $300, firm. If you're willing to pay, I'm willing to sell right now. Do you want to check it out?"

When the guy eagerly accepts, pull the case and place it on the counter in front of him. Pause, and dramatically open the latches and lift the lid to reveal the water pistol.

"She's a beauty, isn't she?" you say, with a deadpan Leslie Nielsen delivery.

(Incidentally, if any LGS owners ever do this, PLEASE post the security video to YouTube...)

I would absolutely LOVE to do this!!:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Resist temptation.

Assume the guy is wired for sound, and probably video. A recording of that exchange would be undeniable proof that you were selling to prohibited persons. The minor detail of the gun being a toy would somehow get lost in the final edit.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I remember reading a news report from many years ago about a guy who went into a K-mart and bought a number of long guns. He suggested to the clerk that he may want to stay home that night. Apparently the same guy had gone to a fabric store the day before and bought a large amount of cloth. When the clerk asked him what it was for he replied, "For covering the bodies." Yes, the guy was picked up by the police and he had a history of mental issues. He was apparently picked up previously for putting donuts on headstones in a cemetery. When asked why he did that, he replied, "Everyone gets hungry."

RosadoSM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 27, 2005
    King George, VA
    Ha! It's hard enough trying to explain to outsiders about our laws while trying to keep a straight face. We should have been absolutely able to answer the gentleman with knowledge of our own gun laws as crazy as they seem. Our fault.
    We work for a very old bait, tackle, and gun shop down here that still complies with that older law. We the employees have work to do to get him to update his interpretation of any gun sales laws. Hard to do with one who is very set in his ways.:o

I assume it's the store on 231 in Lexington Park?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If that's the LGS we're both thinking it is, they must have chased away a whole buncha legit potential customers over the past 30yrs .

Winephile

Jun 16, 2017
    AA County, Maryland
    God must love stupid folk...

...'cause He makes so many of them.

I was at the local gun store this week when a loudmouth "from Alabama" came in the store checking on his "concealed carry permit copies for Alabama and Utah".

I assume that he was very proud of having concealed carry permits since his volume made sure that everyone in the store heard him.

After hearing about how "when [his] wife left him [he] went and bought an M1" (with no comment whether gun was for revenge or consolation) he then needed to pay. His voice dropped a few decibels when he asked if the clerk could show him how to fill in his check. He admitted learning about it in school, but didn't remember how to do it.

Don't whether to blame failed parenting, failed education system, or simply bemoan our culture which so often fails at both parenting and educating.

Buck1986

Apr 7, 2014
    Stupidity is still alive and well....

Had a customer come into the store a few months back and wanted to know if he could buy a gun, he was looking at a .22 rifle. I started to explain the process when he cut me off and asked if he committed a crime when he was 19 would that mean he couldn't buy a gun. I asked him well that depends on the crime what did he do? He then responds with a straight face that he found out his wife was cheating on him with his brother and he found out. He took a paint can and left it outside to freeze overnight and then when his brother came home he hit him in the face with said paint can. He seemed convinced that 1st degree assault charges are not felonies and that I was being "a big meany" for not wanting to help him out. :sad20::sad20:

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Had a customer come into the store a few months back and wanted to know if he could buy a gun, he was looking at a .22 rifle. I started to explain the process when he cut me off and asked if he committed a crime when he was 19 would that mean he couldn't buy a gun. I asked him well that depends on the crime what did he do? He then responds with a straight face that he found out his wife was cheating on him with his brother and he found out. He took a paint can and left it outside to freeze overnight and then when his brother came home he hit him in the face with said paint can. He seemed convinced that 1st degree assault charges are not felonies and that I was being "a big meany" for not wanting to help him out. :sad20::sad20:

Well at least he comitted a very colorful crime. Did he use purple passion or green envy?

Feb 28, 2013

:omg:

Y'all dun bumped an OLD thread. Doncha know that's agin the rules?? :rolleyes:

...Even if it's hilarious as all hell. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom