• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    In case there was any doubt:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/m...d-ci-liquor-store-robbery-20190430-story.html

City prosecutors have ruled a fatal shooting at House of Spirits liquor store in Canton was justified and made in self-defense, Baltimore police announced Tuesday.

When two gunmen tried to hold up the family-owned liquor store in the 2300 block of Fleet St. on Jan. 12, a cashier shot one of the would-be robbers, according to police.

The cashier is said to be traumatized, which is understandable. But I am with his uncle - "You had to do it, man!”

That was the 2nd robbery in two months.I suspect that the 3rd is postponed.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    Play stupid games...

Also - I wonder how much they're asking for that Karmann Ghia.

Hell, the Civic Del Sol is a collector's item in it's own right as well.

And kudos on the city for this common-sense ruling. Shame that House of Spirits had to go through it all, they seem like good people every time I've been there.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    How was he able to possess a firearm in the city?

Referring to the victim or the guy who got shot?

Cashier, his family owns the store. That’s an exception to carry. You own the business.

May have also been able to get a WC permit based on previous hold ups.

For the one who didn’t make it, it ain’t that hard to get illegal guns in B’more

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What's fair is fair. Shame this isn't the SOP for all shop owners in Baltimore city.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Hell, the Civic Del Sol is a collector's item in it's own right as well.

And kudos on the city for this common-sense ruling. Shame that House of Spirits had to go through it all, they seem like good people every time I've been there.

Nothing says chick car like a Honda Civic Del "Slo" :innocent0

SVD686

Jan 25, 2016
    Annapolis
    My kid rents a place across the street from this place and everyone in their hood knows they carry. I hate the fact he lives in Baltimore but knowing his neighbor carries helps a little. During the riots the Liquor store protected the neighbor without a single issue.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My kid rents a place across the street from this place and everyone in their hood knows they carry. I hate the fact he lives in Baltimore but knowing his neighbor carries helps a little. During the riots the Liquor store protected the neighbor without a single issue.

I had 2 of my kids move into the city after college. My oldest went into Canton at the height of the Canton coolness movement. He stayed for 1 year and got out.

My daughter lived in a few areas in the city. She had enough and she moved to Aurora Colorado. I wish she stayed but she had a job offer she couldn't refuse.

For the life of me, I just don't see the allure of Baltimore City living.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD

Yep, used to live around the corner up on Eastern. Frequented this place for cheap beer in a hurry. These guys did a lot during the riots to keep the neighborhood safe including the drug store just up the street. Stand up guys even though they regularly have Al Jazeera network playing on the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom