• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    would be a good campaign spin for trump when this thing settles down. bring manufacturing jobs back
    He should have been saying such things already, instead of bumbling trade with the EU.

WHAT???

He’s been talking non stop about bringing manufacturing jobs back to the USA since he started his campaign.

And specifically from CHINA.

So... :shrug:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Looks like Monkey gangs have not prepared. Saw this on another forum
    https://www.zerohedge.com/health/ma...food-thailand-streets-tourist-food-disappears

Coronavirus isn't just causing humans to fight in the aisles of Target over toilet paper. Today in "signs of the apocalypse", hungry monkey gangs are also swarming and fighting - for food - on the streets of Thailand.

Monkeys in the country are usually well fed by tourists who visit Central Thailand, but visitors have plummeted as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, which has hit the Asian region hard.

The animals shown in a video are reported to be two separate "rival gangs" that dwell in the city, according to the Daily Mail.

Half of the monkeys are said to live in the temple areas, while the others live in the city. The two groups don't usually meet but ended up doing so this past week.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    My company CEO just put out a video. Our main office consists of 3 major sections, and people who work in those sections are not to go into the other sections now. Even people a cubicle over, have been told to call each other and not have face to face contact.

The one thing that concerns me is, my wife works at a bank and she told me people are coming in wanting to withdraw a ton of money out of their savings. The bank itself only has so much actual cash on hand, and when people want to withdraw over a certain amount, she has to put in a money order, and it comes the following week. Of course the people are getting angry, and there is nothing she can do. She stopped by the grocery store at lunch since our kids need more food for being home for 2 weeks. She said the stores are being cleared out. People with 2 carts, full of bread, canned foods, whatever frozen foods are left, milk is gone, carts full of rice and dry beans. Insane.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Can someone with a WSJ subscription pull a few relevant paragraphs from this article on the Gilead antiviral drug to share ...

Experimental Drug Helps Some Americans Ride Out Coronavirus, NIH Doctor Says
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/experi...e-out-coronavirus-nih-doctor-says-11584094955

Thanks. I'm guessing they saw substantial drops in patient viral RNA levels after receiving the drug.

Btw, there should be a stock of this with the President at all times. Would even contemplate giving it prophylactically for a few months if there's increasing supply. This wouldn't be a solution for the population at large because you almost ensure resistance to develop against the single drug and then you have zero drug options to treat people.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I just got back from the grocery store. It was 50% shopping and 50% Mad Max. The shelves are emptying quickly. Go now if you need preparations.

Panicky people are frightening.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    I found a store with plenty of TP. I did not need any, so I didn't buy any. No hand sanitizer, bleach or wipes, that I could see. PM if ya need some.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    I saw most people had some TP in their carts. Nobody had more than two packs except for one lady. She had almost a cart full. I said " Looks like you were able to find some TP!" She then followed me down the aisle going off about the Corona Virus. The only thing missing was a "The End Is Near!" sign.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I was amazed so many people were buying milk. There were people with 8 gallons of milk in their cart. Milk is a rapidly perishable item, I cannot think of a worse thing to buy. :confused:

Buy Doritos and booze. They never go bad.

Preppers must be having the best na-na na-na boo-boo day ever.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Can someone with a WSJ subscription pull a few relevant paragraphs from this article on the Gilead antiviral drug to share ...

Experimental Drug Helps Some Americans Ride Out Coronavirus, NIH Doctor Says
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/experi...e-out-coronavirus-nih-doctor-says-11584094955

Thanks. I'm guessing they saw substantial drops in patient viral RNA levels after receiving the drug.

Btw, there should be a stock of this with the President at all times. Would even contemplate giving it prophylactically for a few months if there's increasing supply. This wouldn't be a solution for the population at large because you almost ensure resistance to develop against the single drug and then you have zero drug options to treat people.

I picked up some stock in Gilead last week. Still down a bit, like everything else, but hoping to see it go up if this drug works like they say.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I picked up some stock in Gilead last week. Still down a bit, like everything else, but hoping to see it go up if this drug works like they say.
    Qiagen has been on the rise. During the virus pandemic, they are the proverbial shovel seller. Pandemics usually are less of a threat in 1-2 years of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom