• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    But they were nice to provide solid evidence that at the time of the alleged violation, it was not operable.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    But they were nice to provide solid evidence that at the time of the alleged violation, it was not operable.

does the operable part even matter? if you rob a store with a bb gun or a glock without a firing pin, pretty sure that's still armed robbery, and gives or certainly improves the rights of cops or bystanders to shoot them.

trust me the whole indictment, arrest, etc of this couple is absolute bs but i don't think it matters whether a firearm presented is actual operable or not, because the folks at the other end of the barrel don't know that.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    does the operable part even matter? if you rob a store with a bb gun or a glock without a firing pin, pretty sure that's still armed robbery, and gives or certainly improves the rights of cops or bystanders to shoot them.

trust me the whole indictment, arrest, etc of this couple is absolute bs but i don't think it matters whether a firearm presented is actual operable or not, because the folks at the other end of the barrel don't know that.

Very true. Mrs. McCloskey supposedly knew it was inoperable as it was used for some display purpose...but legally it makes no difference and those on the other end couldn't know that. If it could be shown she knew it was inoperable it could raised at trial as a defense but still...it doesn't matter under the law.

Still...the entire indictment is bravo sierra and politically motivated by a prosecutor who cares less about the law than points for re-election and the desire to be a hero to the insurrectionists.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

Missouri Statute Title XXXVIII Crimes and Punishment; Peace Officers and Public Defenders, *571.030. Unlawful use of weapons - exceptions - penalties.

  (4) Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner; or
    (emphasis mine)
    https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSection.aspx?section=571.030&bid=33874&hl=

Not a lawyer, but according to the pundits, the bolded phrase appears to be the sticky wicket. At the time of the investigation, the firearm was not readily capable of lethal use.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Missouri Statute Title XXXVIII Crimes and Punishment; Peace Officers and Public Defenders, *571.030. Unlawful use of weapons - exceptions - penalties.

(emphasis mine)

Not a lawyer, but according to the pundits, the bolded phrase appears to be the sticky wicket. At the time of the investigation, the firearm was not readily capable of lethal use.

That was allegedly the reason the firearms were seized. The authorities had to verify their condition to prove their case. The pistol was found to be inoperable, so they made it operable and still charged them.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

(emphasis mine)

In effect, aren't they being charged the same as someone who randomly walks up to someone else and sticks a gun in their face?

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    That was allegedly the reason the firearms were seized. The authorities had to verify their condition to prove their case. The pistol was found to be inoperable, so they made it operable and still charged them.

Whoever authorized and directed that gun be made operable to validate the charges needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.

Cyndi59

Domestic Terrorist point blank..a bunch of thugs..can't wait until they are placed on the terrorist list.All the companies that bowed down to kiss their @sses need to be boycotted..I do give praise to Goya Foods for giving them the bird..

Cyndi59

Now you know.This Red Flag BS is proof positive the Left doesn't give a flying elf about people's lives.These protesters (BLM) are bent on every crime they can commit and walk away scott free.These people was on their own property and never ventured off and onto the sideway.AG Schmitt is standing behind Mr. and Mrs. M and I hope they investigate that crooked Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner..she is not worthy of office.I'm glad on the other hand people both Black and White is tired of this BLM crap and that those involved in ripping down,defacing public,private and government property be sent to Federal Court for hate crimes.They tried to rip down Jackson's statue across from the White House and doesn't know if MPD,U.S. Park or Secret Service made any arrest..I'm surprised by the things going on when I just got back from New Zealand..just saying..

Car

Apr 3, 2020
    hope they investigate that crooked Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner..she is not worthy of office.

A good thing is BLM situation exposes crooked local politicians at once. If things get back to normal, somebody goes to jail. If they don’t, though...

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    A good thing is BLM situation exposes crooked local politicians at once. If things get back to normal, somebody goes to jail. If they don’t, though...

y'all know that the St Louis mess is a product of a prosecutor/ag that George Soros essentially bought after funding her election/campaign

He had a campaign over the last few years to BUY the election of a pile of AG's/Prosecutors across the country for exactly this purpose.

If you havent come to the conclusion that Soros and the Chinese Communist Party are involved in an insurrection against the united states then.....its time to catch up on events

Cyndi59

Be nice some serious investigations go on and expose these BLM lovers like Gardner.BLM wasn't about Floyd,it was about making those not involved look like suckers.You got these Snowies bending over ankle grabbing for BLM and thing is..a Snowy gets wacked,you think BLM is going to protest.."Hell No".These Snowies are just a tool to use and once it's no more useable they will chuck it out.The Left is pushing this crap down peoples throats and people are waking up slowly at this fraud.I'm not taking a knee to these clowns because I have nothing to be ashamed of.I'm not sure if anyone brought up this Black Militia headed by a simpleton looking for a name,he doesn't even impress his own self being a top idiot of clueless followers.I know it's not right to come here and rant.This is a forum of great people and great conversation..I've met a handful and people like Jeff,Deep Lurker and Mule Skinner..true people fighting the cause and never giving up.Can't stand for long without a walking cane due to cancer surgery but I will stand some how..people waking up to know BLM only cares about thugs murdered and not innocent babies caught in the crossfire.Hopes everyone will forgive me for ranting my opinion..

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Be nice some serious investigations go on and expose these BLM lovers like Gardner.BLM wasn't about Floyd,it was about making those not involved look like suckers.You got these Snowies bending over ankle grabbing for BLM and thing is..a Snowy gets wacked,you think BLM is going to protest.."Hell No".These Snowies are just a tool to use and once it's no more useable they will chuck it out.The Left is pushing this crap down peoples throats and people are waking up slowly at this fraud.I'm not taking a knee to these clowns because I have nothing to be ashamed of.I'm not sure if anyone brought up this Black Militia headed by a simpleton looking for a name,he doesn't even impress his own self being a top idiot of clueless followers.I know it's not right to come here and rant.This is a forum of great people and great conversation..I've met a handful and people like Jeff,Deep Lurker and Mule Skinner..true people fighting the cause and never giving up.Can't stand for long without a walking cane due to cancer surgery but I will stand some how..people waking up to know BLM only cares about thugs murdered and not innocent babies caught in the crossfire.Hopes everyone will forgive me for ranting my opinion..
    Stay on topic.

There's 15 other blm threads right now. This one is about the McCloskeys.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

kolohekanaka

Jul 23, 2017
    Howard County, MD
    The McCloskeys weren't defending anything...

The McCloskeys were not defending anything. They were protesting the invasion of their private property by an unruly mob. In today's world self-defense is a crime, apparently, but protesting, no matter how malicious, is ok. So if your home is targeted by protesters, do not self-defend: Instead, stage a counter-protest using firearms instead of signs.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    The McCloskeys were not defending anything. They were protesting the invasion of their private property by an unruly mob. In today's world self-defense is a crime, apparently, but protesting, no matter how malicious, is ok. So if your home is targeted by protesters, do not self-defend: Instead, stage a counter-protest using firearms instead of signs.

As crazy as that sounds to the mob, its probably a better argument.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019

This is a pretty interesting argument. :D

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Sadly, protesting in favor of the 2nd Amendment is not permitted; you'd be charged with disturbing the peace (of the BLM protestors).

Probably disarmed and hauled off for psych evaluation, and held until it could be determined that you were not a threat to yourself and others. That is to say, forever; total permanent extra-judicial imprisonment.

We learned how to do that from the Russians; anyone protesting the actions of the benevolent State is obviously insane, and must be separated from the population for everyone's protection and well-being.

Now that we will all behaving to make sacrifices in order to come up with the funds for reparations to be given to those who were abused 160 years ago, it is unfortunate that State cannot support permanently-hospitalised mental patients. Unless they can provide their own food, they will have to go without.

Attachments

• Dark humor.jpg
      Dark humor.jpg
      46.7 KB · Views: 299

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads