HQL denied to to Medical Marijuana Card?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    It was not difficult for me to shoot however it was difficult for me to load the magazine after about 5 and it was also difficult for me to pull back the slide on the pistol I tried. They showed us a magazine loader thing that we had planned on getting to assist with the loading. As my disease progresses it may get more difficult but I certainly at this rate could not physically defend myself with this disease.

I wouldn't recommend buying an XD, but XD did at one point come with a magazine loader when you bought the pistol.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I plan to make a big stink about it on both levels...I have had various things before the general assembly before in here in Maryland. However as of late, I have discovered that our Governor is a Democrat posing as a Republican and until we find out where this election goes, there is no point in trying now. They are all so concerned with finding ways to get Trump out and covering their own unless it has to do with BLM, Trump or the virus, they aren't listening to anything.

He is a liberal Republican, and always has been.

Just like there are some (rare) conservative democrats.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Why are people here supporting gun restrictions?

I simply pointed out the logical place to find the answer if you have an MM card. The strident bitching after the fact is just ****ing annoying. Literally 30 seconds to find it, type a google search term, a couple mouse clicks and done. One does not have to support the restriction to be annoyed by the bitching.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Spoken like a true statist.

Color me radical, but if you're free to walk the streets, you're free to own a gun.

If you get a snootful, or a hot load, and you act poorly with a gun, then you're no longer free to walk the streets.

Yes, some people may get hurt, but freedom can be a dangerous thing.

I like this thought.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    https://www.polymer80.com/pistol-frames

Problem solved, no hql needed. Hurry up before the idiots in Annapolis go back to work because they are trying to make it illegal to build your own firearms

[/DO NOT FOLLOW THIS ADVICE!!!B]

This will land you in a world of hurt and trouble. In Md, being a prohibited person means just that. If you are indeed a prohibited person and get caught with a finished/functional 80% Glock/Ar or whatever you are going to jail. 80% guns built from parts also count as a firearm. no if's and's, or but's.
    Remember, you can't even posses ammunition.
    You're only option here in Md, would be Black Powder weapons. I had a relative that became a prohibited person. He was also an avid deer hunter, but was allowed to use a Black powder rifle and bow on his hunts these
    days.
    I feel for your cash loss. After all, $640 would make a pretty good purchase at the dispensary. Not ribbing you, just feeling your pain for being out the cash & HQL, with very little that can be done about it at this point.
    As already suggested, I would contact an experienced 2A lawyer.
    Good luck.

chrisflhtc

Jan 28, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Spoken like a true statist.

Color me radical, but if you're free to walk the streets, you're free to own a gun.

If you get a snootful, or a hot load, and you act poorly with a gun, then you're no longer free to walk the streets.

Yes, some people may get hurt, but freedom can be a dangerous thing.

More truth:innocent0

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Question for those who say don't get a polymer 80. I'm wondering.

If an ar15 or a standard capacity (30 round) mag become illegal.

Will you turn them in to remain compliant?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I love how people are saying contact a 2A attorney......for what? There is no gray area, nothing the attorney can do to help someone in this situation. If you hold a MM card, you can’t own firearms, period.
    Get rid of the guns or the card, it’s pretty damn simple.
    Don’t like it, work to get the federal law repealed.
    Those are your only options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Question for those who say don't get a polymer 80. I'm wondering.

If an ar15 or a standard capacity (30 round) mag become illegal.

Will you turn them in to remain compliant?

You're talking about a hypothetical situation.
    We're discussing standing law.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    You're talking about a hypothetical situation.
    We're discussing standing law.

I understand what you are saying.
    I do personally see that the time to legally own an ar15 and a standard 30 magazine coming to and end. The writing is on the wall.
    Her having a poly 80 now would be no different than you keeping your "illegal" ar15.

I'm asking...if that time comes, would you turn your magazines and rifle in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom