• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Not sure where to post this since I'm new but is it running short already? Last two times I have been to Walmart in Kingsport, Tn they were OUT! 3rd time ago all they had were a couple buckets, I got 1, should have bought both. (they only had 2)

Bottom line... is it happening up there? If so it's going to be like 5 or 6 years ago nobody has anything. I have several thousand rounds but I shoot it a LOT, every day. Best pray for Trump winning because if he loses your guns may become scrap iron.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Not sure the ammo situation had rebounded much since the start of all this. The few stores I go to have had a sporatic supply on everything for months.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    There was a thread on this about a month ago. When centerfire ammo is in short supply, manufacturers move away from production of rimfire.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    There was a thread on this about a month ago. When centerfire ammo is in short supply, manufacturers move away from production of rimfire.

Wrong.

Look back to the threads back in the last crisis.

Different production lines. Different workers. Sometimes totally different factories.

The problem is, when supply is good, people buy a box or two to shoot this weekend.

When it gets a bit short, they buy a brick or two, just in case. So sales go up 10 fold. Product can go up about 3 - 4 fold, by putting on extra shifts. So ammo becomes even harder to find.

So now, when they see it, they buy 5 bricks, even if they don't need it. And sales go up even more, but now production is maxed out.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Rimfire is easier to buy cheap and stack deep. In the years since 2013 I've been able to build up a stash that'll outlast my kids at less than 5 cents per.

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    I seen this coming along time ago. I learned a valuable lesson after sandy hook. When everyone was scrambling for 9mm and 556 I was buying 22lr. They dont make alot of profit off it and it becomes low priority. It'll be the last thing to become cheap again. Another thing is you cant reload for it. As long as I have powder and primers I'm not worried about any centerfire cartridges. Also keep in mind when 22 does come in it'll probably be horrible quality. I still have some american eagle post sandy hook that'll barely function in anything besides a bolt action.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Lots of 22LR online if you ae willing to pay what vendors are asking for.

Well sorta.... most is the high dollar subsonic stuff to begin with. There are NO bucket of bullets, 555 Win, garbage Thunderbolt or most any other shoot into tree bricks to be found. I have several thousand rounds BUT I shoot a LOT because I live on my range. I doubt I have 4 years worth consuming the rate I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom