• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Bullets can be cast yourself . Popular powders can become scarce during panics , but with the plethora of makes of powder and variety within each powder line , you can usually find something of a burning speed to be more or less useable-ish for most cals .

The real limiting factor is Primers . Already Small Pistol and Small Rifle are scarcer than 9 x 19 and .380 ammunition . But of course 5 or 10k of primers cost less , and take less storage space than 10k of loaded ammo .

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Bullets can be cast yourself . Popular powders can become scarce during panics , but with the plethora of makes of powder and variety within each powder line , you can usually find something of a burning speed to be more or less useable-ish for most cals .

The real limiting factor is Primers . Already Small Pistol and Small Rifle are scarcer than 9 x 19 and .380 ammunition . But of course 5 or 10k of primers cost less , and take less storage space than 10k of loaded ammo.

If you like Federal primers (like me), they take up 3+ times more storage space than other brands due to their safety packaging.

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    If you like Federal primers (like me), they take up 3+ times more storage space than other brands due to their safety packaging.

Yea, just got 5000 a couple weeks ago and thought, wow this box is really big for just 5000 primers when I pulled it off of the porch.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom