• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I'll ask her to dumb down the resume and applications to retail places, but polish it for places like hospitals. I never thought of this before.

It's corporate retail, they don't care if an applicant is a rocket scientist during the day, if your availability meets the demands of the business you should at least get an interview if the position (s) are legitimately still open

Figure on a lot of these companies using third party hiring for initial application + health crisis and competition from unemployed people equal slow.

It never hurts to keep applying to the same place especially since corporate retail has high turnover.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    It was mentioned before to dumb down the resume, and I agree 100%. The resume should always be tailored to the specific job and expected audience.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    How about UPS or FedEx. They use to hire college student work in the evening. I suspect they still do.

I can second this. If she is willing to put in some physical work, shipping companies definitely need help right now. UPS even helps pay for school.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    I wouldn't dumb down the retail app. Tell her to follow up with phone calls and/or visits. Stores get tons of apps daily and don't sort through looking for the best candidate. They run a computer search for availability and interest in specific departments then start calling. First to answer and come in for an interview usually gets the job unless they really screw up the interview.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom