• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I run a number of cameras around the property. Went to check my Cuddeback (about 4/5 years old, not a year round camera) last night, pulled the card, put new batteries in, nothing comes up on screen. Take the camera in, check voltage on the battery pack, 6V. Try different batteries, no luck. Assume camera is dead. Go to check the card, card wont even read. I have had cameras die before, but none that have taken the card with it. No thunderstorms since last check, so it wasn't a power outage. Just strange.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I run a number of cameras around the property. Went to check my Cuddeback (about 4/5 years old, not a year round camera) last night, pulled the card, put new batteries in, nothing comes up on screen. Take the camera in, check voltage on the battery pack, 6V. Try different batteries, no luck. Assume camera is dead. Go to check the card, card wont even read. I have had cameras die before, but none that have taken the card with it. No thunderstorms since last check, so it wasn't a power outage. Just strange.

SD cards wear out. Are you using high endurance cards?

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    If its like the cudde link units I run you can actually unscrew the back /battery module and swap it. I have had 2 of those fail and then one camera totally fail out of the 4 pack. Have slowly replaced those packs with the D cell version. I had one that just ate energizer lithiums for no good reason. New batteries in and dead in less than 2 weeks during the summer. I was able to get them to replace the dead camera and the failed packs but that was prior to the 1 year warranty expiring.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Card is totally dead too. I put it into a reader and it won't even recognize it.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    It happens

Also don’t format on your computer or card reader. Always format on the camera

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Always do format on the camera. Ran into that issue years ago.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    This. Had an issue with a card a few weeks ago. Now the camera won't even format it.

Try formatting on another device then format it on the camera.

Browning is the worst with this. Primos is more forgiving but the lack of battery trays is a killer.

Wild innovations is just a gamble

Moultrie has been straight poop as far as weather resistance

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Try formatting on another device then format it on the camera.

Browning is the worst with this. Primos is more forgiving but the lack of battery trays is a killer.

Wild innovations is just a gamble

Moultrie has been straight poop as far as weather resistance
    Thats funny, I had a Moultrie that I left out 24/7/365 for 6 years. It still works but the battery life is crap. My current Moultrie has been out 24/7 for the last 5 years.

Also never had luck with the Browning.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Thats funny, I had a Moultrie that I left out 24/7/365 for 6 years. It still works but the battery life is crap. My current Moultrie has been out 24/7 for the last 5 years.

Also never had luck with the Browning.

The Blackops is kinda the gold standard especially since they fixed their chitty night time photos.

The moultrie game spy has been the 2nd worst game camera I’ve demoed. A few rainstorms and it’s DONE.

To be fair the wild innovations 360 camera was the worst hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom