• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Just got back in to reloading after not doing it for years.
    Bought a Dillon RL550B. This thing is sweet.
    I made 75 rounds of 9mm, 25 rounds of 45 acp. They all checked out today. Bang and no boom. Just one 45 acp needed a second hammer strike. Guess I need to make sure I push the handle more firmly forward. I got accurate groups as well.

No more circling like a buzzard at Walmart for me. :thumbsup:

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    What was the cost vs Walmart

You can find ammo at Walmart?

That first bullet was really expensive. :lol2:

They are all cheap from here. I would roughly guess less than 28 cents a 45 acp load with lead SWC. I will save much more on rifle rounds.

Right now, all ammo is gold. :party29:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Don't knock all Walmart's, the one I was in yesterday had RCBS dies, RCBS press kits, RCBS scales, powder and some other goodies, needless to say I was shocked to see reloading components in a Walmart.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Don't knock all Walmart's, the one I was in yesterday had RCBS dies, RCBS press kits, RCBS scales, powder and some other goodies, needless to say I was shocked to see reloading components in a Walmart.

what walmart was that????

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County

I am not knocking them. I am just tired of giving up my dignity and circling like a buzzard just to get some range ammo. The problem is now solved.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I posted this in another thread:

According to Gunbot, lowest price for .45 is 49 cents per round.

My price to reload (not including brass, as I have lots) is:

Primer - 3.5 cents
    Powder - 1.8 cents
    Bullet (cast 200 gr SWC) - 8 cents

So 13.3 cents per round.

A savings of 35.7 cents per round. 50 round box - saving is $17.85.

I loaded about 4K rounds over the past week. An hour or so here and there.

bones2586

Living the madness
    Jul 14, 2011
    SoMD
    Recently ordered a Dillon 550 as well, waiting now. First box of ordered items arrived Friday, less than a week after the order was placed. Looking forward to the next items. Still have some small pistol primers on backorder, and bullets from two differenct sources, so hope to be plugging away before Memorial Day Weekend. Yeeha!

:thumbsup::)

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    My 125gr bt Nosler blem .300 blackout rounds are going to cost about .37 each right now. Ammo for that is 1.5-2.5 each right now. With the bullet being .28 of that now, I have some room for improvement

Justler

Jan 5, 2012
    My 125gr bt Nosler blem .300 blackout rounds are going to cost about .37 each right now. Ammo for that is 1.5-2.5 each right now. With the bullet being .28 of that now, I have some room for improvement

Ever thought of shooting subsonic lead rounds? Should lower your price significantly.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Ever thought of shooting subsonic lead rounds? Should lower your price significantly.

I will very soon have my blackout build done, and have casting equipment. How do the lead rounds perform in the gas-operated blackout upper?

I am seriously considering purchasing a mold for this......say around a 220 grain in .308 diameter?

Never casted for rifles so any advice, especially for a 300 blackout, would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom