• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I am looking for a very good gunsmith in AA county. Clandestine seems booked up, so I need another option.
    I need Trijicon sights and Hogue grips put on my .45. I also need an old revolver checked out.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Anne Arundel Gunsmith

I am looking for a very good gunsmith in AA county. Clandestine seems booked up, so I need another option.
    I need Trijicon sights and Hogue grips put on my .45. I also need an old revolver checked out.

Clandestine and Scotts are the same...Chad works as his
    personal schedule allows......and as mentioned, Scott is in recovery.......and they are very expensive and take a very long time to complete the job, sights included. They also subscribe in the "Supply and Demand" theory..
    define that as you wish....

Bart's.....Agree with previous comment.....personally I steer away from them.

I think I would check with Paul at Constitution Firearms (in the IP section)
    he does "minor" work and may agree to do your jobs. I believe he will be less expensive, and take a shorter time frame. He's in North Laurel.

R

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    personal schedule allows......and as mentioned, Scott is in recovery.......and they are very expensive and take a very long time to complete the job, sights included. They also subscribe in the "Supply and Demand" theory..

he does "minor" work and may agree to do your jobs. I believe he will be less expensive, and take a shorter time frame. He's in North Laurel.

R
    Oops! Sorry, didn't see your post.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

R

Not sure what that is supposed to mean. I have always been helpful when you were looking for advice.

Isn't clandestine a gunsmith out there?

Yes, but were not taking work die to my backlog and Scott recovering.

scotts takes forever..

Yup, we are a 1.5 Man Shop when it comes to Smithing (Scott is Fulltime, I am part time).

Quality Work takes time. Being in demand with a small skilled crew means a long wait.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Unless the OP has other needs no listed , changing sights and grips does not require " a highly skilled gunsmith" . Well within the skill set of " reasonably competent armoror " .

Tygrwolf

Jun 7, 2013
    Worth a Shot

You may want to try Worth-A-Shot on Veterans Highway, I have talked to the owner a couple of times, but have not had any work done there yet.

WORTH-A-SHOT INC.
    8424 Veterans Hwy #5 Millersville,
    MD 21108
    Telephone: 443-506-7359 / 443-688-6521
    Email: customerservice@worth-a-shot.com

BUSINESS HOURS:
    Monday – Thursday: 11am-6pm
    Friday: 12pm-7pm
    Saturday: 10am-2pm
    Sunday: Closed

Last edited:

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Quality Work takes time. Being in demand with a small skilled crew means a long wait.

Truth.^^^

Anyone on this site who has had work done by Chad knows that he does quality work on par or better than the big-name gunsmiths out there. The wait times for service are long due to the sheer volume of work being given to Scott's. Try sending firearms out to any of the big-name gunsmiths and see how long you will wait for service and a return from them. Six months is the minimum turn-around time from any big-name that I am aware of. Then you can pay their prices, which are the same or more than Scott's. Scott and Chad may have what some feel to be a long waiting period for service to be performed, but in my experience it is substantially less than the big-names, you don't have to pay for shipping and insurance (and risk theft in transit), and again, the quality is excellent.

If you don't want the wait, find someone who has so little business that they can start grinding on your firearm with a Dremel as soon as you drop it off. Let me know how that works for you.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Thank you for all the input. I want to have Clandestine work on it, but it is minor work, and a month without my baby would be painful.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Truth.^^^

Anyone on this site who has had work done by Chad knows that he does quality work on par or better than the big-name gunsmiths out there. The wait times for service are long due to the sheer volume of work being given to Scott's. Try sending firearms out to any of the big-name gunsmiths and see how long you will wait for service and a return from them. Six months is the minimum turn-around time from any big-name that I am aware of. Then you can pay their prices, which are the same or more than Scott's. Scott and Chad may have what some feel to be a long waiting period for service to be performed, but in my experience it is substantially less than the big-names, you don't have to pay for shipping and insurance (and risk theft in transit), and again, the quality is excellent.

If you don't want the wait, find someone who has so little business that they can start grinding on your firearm with a Dremel as soon as you drop it off. Let me know how that works for you.

You are gonna hurt some feelings. :)

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Thank you for all the input. I want to have Clandestine work on it, but it is minor work, and a month without my baby would be painful.

Where is Freestate in relation to you? I've heard good things about John Carduner(sp)?

Trikshot is his name on MDS.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Not sure what that is supposed to mean. I have always been helpful when you were looking for advice.
    >SNIP>

It means exactly what it says. We believe Scott's is very expensive, It's simply our opinion. And, as above, "quality work" means a "long wait'. We believe we said the same thing...in some cases a very long time.

As for advice, yes, Chad does provide advice when asked(in most cases), and that is good, and it was on this forum. Credit given where Credit is due.
    We believe that has no bearing on the cost of work, or the length of time for said work. There is no personal attack here; it is simply our observation of a business practice.

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom