• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It means exactly what it says. We believe Scott's is very expensive, It's simply our opinion. And, as above, "quality work" means a "long wait'. We believe we said the same thing...in some cases a very long time.

As for advice, yes, Chad does provide advice when asked(in most cases), and that is good, and it was on this forum. Credit given where Credit is due.
    We believe that has no bearing on the cost of work, or the length of time for said work. There is no personal attack here; it is simply our observation of a business practice.

R

"We" who else are you speaking for?

What are you claiming is "expensive" site an example compared to any shop offering similar service. What's YOUR experience as a Gunsmith?

Looks like you are pulling your opinion out of thin air.

Spatha

Sep 17, 2011
    AA County
    Scott's did the sights on my girls 1911. The turn around was around 2 weeks. She wanted an adjustable rear sight and fiber optic front. The time was much faster than we expected and price wise we have no complaints. Given the fact that it was a RIA Tactical with non standard dovetails I feel they went above and beyond.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    "We" who else are you speaking for?

What are you claiming is "expensive" site an example compared to any shop offering similar service. What's YOUR experience as a Gunsmith?

Looks like you are pulling your opinion out of thin air.

"We" is simply a literary expression used in personal prose. "We" and "our",
    replaces "I" or "us". The use tends to eliminate the "personal" aspects of the content.

As a prior Military Member (now Retired) and at 73 years young, we believe we can determine good business practices. And we've been around guns for 50 some years. There is no claim to Gunsmith art or science here. Our comments relate to time and cost. We are quite familiar with other Businesses engaged in the same line of work. If one takes the time to search the businesses available, it should be rather simple to make a decision.

As for the source of our opinion, as POGO put it so eloquently, "It is us"

And just in case anyone wonders, Yes we have done business at Scotts, and we also had some gunsmith work done as well. Never-the-less, our
    opinion stands.

R

Last edited:

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    You are gonna hurt some feelings. :)

I get that a lot. Facts don't care about feelings.

"We" is simply a literary expression used in personal prose. "We" and "our",
    replaces "I" or "us". The use tends to eliminate the "personal" aspects of the content.

I don't usually argue with my elders, but that ^^^ is a load of hooey. "We" indicates that you are offering the shared opinion of you and someone else. It does not eliminate any personal aspects of the comment, it just indicates that you want the reader to think that others already agree with your opinion. You are entitled to your opinion, and no one is attacking you for it. Just don't assume that your opinion is automatically shared by anyone else.

"We" and "our",
    replaces "I" or "us"
    Are you sure you didn't mean "I" or "mine"?

J Beard

Deplorable Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Many years ago I used Ken Bingham in Lothian(used to own Ken's gun room in Dunkirk) .
    I don't know if he is even around anymore.
    Anyone know his status?

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    not in AA, but there's:

Albright's Gun Shop
    36 East Dover Street
    Easton, Maryland 21601

Phone: 410.820.8811
    Fax: 410.820.4035

albrights@goeaston.net

I've had good service and quick turnaround from Albrights in the past...but primarily on shotguns. They did warrantee work on my A-500 as well when I first received it. Nothing bad to say about 'em...just good...EXCEPT they aren't in AA county (where I live)!

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    THE "ROYAL" WE

I get that a lot. Facts don't care about feelings.

I don't usually argue with my elders, but that ^^^ is a load of hooey. "We" indicates that you are offering the shared opinion of you and someone else. It does not eliminate any personal aspects of the comment, it just indicates that you want the reader to think that others already agree with your opinion. You are entitled to your opinion, and no one is attacking you for it. Just don't assume that your opinion is automatically shared by anyone else.

"We" and "our",
    replaces "I" or "us"
    Are you sure you didn't mean "I" or "mine"?

Ah Sgt, a person after our own heart. But, not necessarily a "load of hooey". A large Newspaper editor long ago explained the use of "we" and
    "mine". (we stand corrected). It seems the use of second, and sometimes
    third person grammar came from the long ago "Royal Families". And still some today, by the way. They had a distinct habit of referring to themselves as "We", some think out of reverence to their parentage. Today, it is still referred to as "The Royal 'We'". It means nothing more than what it is, a literary choice, or, Poetic License, if you will.
    No offense meant, and none taken. We all know what opinions are like, simply because we all have one. And, finally, We have learned never to assume anything, simply because we know what it makes of "u" and "me",
    and this is not an argument, but an enlightened exchange of thought.

R

EDIT: on second thought, I think "us" is more appropriate then "Mine". Mine is decidedly singular,
    while "us" is plural for sure. And the "Royal We" is surely plural. (I think)..maybe "ours",Never an English Major when you need one!

Last edited:

Gwynne86

Mar 20, 2011
    MD
    Bart's and "very good gunsmith" in the same post? I'm just asing?

BTW, I heard Scott was laid up...not in the good way...for a while anyhow.

I had to pull some work from scotts because he was so backlogged, but everything he has worked on for me was awesome.

scouse

Mar 6, 2013
    Havana on the Severn
    You may want to try Worth-A-Shot on Veterans Highway, I have talked to the owner a couple of times, but have not had any work done there yet.

WORTH-A-SHOT INC.
    8424 Veterans Hwy #5 Millersville,
    MD 21108
    Telephone: 443-506-7359 / 443-688-6521
    Email: customerservice@worth-a-shot.com

BUSINESS HOURS:
    Monday – Thursday: 11am-6pm
    Friday: 12pm-7pm
    Saturday: 10am-2pm
    Sunday: Closed

I have not had a good experience (instruction -wise) with Worth a shot. They were very slow to respond to a request for instruction (I found them expensive) and a little tight with their time allotment. They did not respond at all to a request for documentation of my instruction (after they did not respond the first time, I even wrote it for them and emailed it to them with a note to edit what I wrote any way they wished). Perhaps they will improve after they have been in business a little longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom