• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    I have a model 29-2 44 magnum with 6 1/2" barrel, blued with wood grips. It was pulled from the closet and photographed as is, not cleaned. Sat for years, didn't know it was there. I plan on selling it but need to know what a fair value is. It has a N serial number that places it around 1978. check photo for condition.
    44mag.jpg

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Nice Karma, I'm in.

Seriously, go over to the Smith and Wesson forums for accurate pricing. The presentation case will add value. If you have the box and p/w, that will add even more. Unless you really need the money, I would hold to to it.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    PM me if you are located near Frederick. I know some one looking to buy just such a gun.

Chris

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I will buy one of these one day. Definitely on my short list. I'm guessing yours, if cleaned:smack:, would fetch about $1000.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I have a model 29-2 44 magnum with 6 1/2" barrel, blued with wood grips. It was pulled from the closet and photographed as is, not cleaned. Sat for years, didn't know it was there. I plan on selling it but need to know what a fair value is. It has a N serial number that places it around 1978. check photo for condition.
    44mag.jpg

Didn't know it was in your closet?
    I wish I had a magic closet like that!
    :D

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I think good pics help if the gun is in good condition. Often on GB you see pics that are taken from behind and below or are out of focus are major red flags for me.

I am not interested in a Mod 29 so I have no dog in the hunt, but in front and behind the cylinder and below the Smith and Wesson on the barrel are areas of concern to me. It could be dirt pitting or rust. The later two hurt the value, but you can clean dirt and there is no reason why you should not, if you keep it or sell it.

If this sounds harsh, that was not my intention at all.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Check out the completed sales on gunbroker. You'll get a good range of what they have sold for. $1000 to $1300 is a good range. For sure a $1k gun, but a motivated buyer will pay more. Condition is everything. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom