• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Are you looking for night only? they have this but its daylight only. You would need some kind of IR or black flash for night pics.

Daylight. I want to monitor a couple of large clearings. Distances are too great for IR sensors to work. Dont care much about details just to get a count and look for patterns. Just want to tell the thing to take a picture every 5min from 4:30am to 8:30

Thanks for that link. That seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Daylight. I want to monitor a couple of large clearings, dont care much about details just to get a count and look for patterns. Just want to tell the thing to take a picture every 5min from 4:30am to 8:30.

I was considering that DPS camera I posted a link to. also a lot of cameras have game plot mode where it does that. The Moultrie M-80 has that option. Its neat because it doesnt need the motion sensor to take a pic. It does however fill up the game card and eat batteries if you leave it too long.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I believe all my cameras are the D5. Really like them they've been good to me. Put a 16gig memory card in and it swap it out monthly, still has plenty of room.

Thanks. That is good to hear because they have mixed reviews. I have a card and will mount it tomorrow.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I've even considered having my cams turn off during nighttime. I have resorted to mounting the cams high(out of line-of-sight) looking down. It seems like they spook less that way.

Sorta makes sense to turn them off, I don't care where the deer are at night. It's there daytime presence I want to know about. Take that from someone who doesn't own one though. The one private property I hunt is to far away to go pull cards and change batteries all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom