• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Motorcycle service in Anne Arundel County.

I have a Suzuki Intruder.

Who do you think is the best at a reasonable cost? I don't mind driving up to a half hour from Millersville.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    subscribed.

I'm taking my new V-Star to Glen burnie motorsports for the 600 mile service since i bought it from them. I'll be interesting in seeing any responses to this.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Sorry, editing original post. I have a Suzuki Intruder.

Most Harley shops just give me an attitude when I ask them if they work on Suzuki.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    What do you have to get done on what? That might make a difference on where to go.

Shaft drive is leaking a little. I don't want to mess with the rear drum brakes.

Bike is a 1997 so it is due for a good servicing. I do my own oil, plugs, and minor stuff.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Shaft drive is leaking a little. I don't want to mess with the rear drum brakes.

Bike is a 1997 so it is due for a good servicing. I do my own oil, plugs, and minor stuff.

Oy, you had to say the shaft drive didja? Makes me reminisce about shaft drive issues with earlier BMWs. If it were me, I would use a Suzuki dealer. But, they may charge so much that it would be cheaper to buy a new bike :)

CroftonBilly

Huge Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    Heyser in Laurel might be worth checking out. I only had them install a new tire on my rim for me, but seemed like good people and were plenty busy.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Heyser has been around forever. I bought my first bike from them way back in 1971. Always had good service from them.

If you want to spend a lot of money, there is always Pete's.....

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I wouldn't go to Eastern in Crofton if they were the last place on earth.

I took my UMC (Ultra--113 inch S&S motor)...think Fat Boy knock off...in the day for some minor work.

I got attitude and melted fork seals which ended up costing lots of money as one thing failing caused another and another and so on. They denied everything.

Those guys were totally arrogant and one of the mechs was a lyin sob to boot.

Other than that, I would recommend them...not.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I wouldn't go to Eastern in Crofton if they were the last place on earth.

I took my UMC (Ultra--113 inch S&S motor)...think Fat Boy knock off...in the day for some minor work.

I got attitude and melted fork seals which ended up costing lots of money as one thing failing caused another and another and so on. They denied everything.

Those guys were totally arrogant and one of the mechs was a lyin sob to boot.

Other than that, I would recommend them...not.

I have heard the same thing about them and they aren't even in my area. A guy I know that rode with a club in Baltimore took his bike there. Same story.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I have been going to Eastern since 2007 and believe me, never had any issues. Many LE agencies take their bikes there for service and wouldn't put up with any shit.

Shaffers Motorsports, Belle Grove Road, Brooklyn Park, MD

Does good work, friendly, and knowledgeable.
    +2

There is also Used Bike Emporium in Hanover, I've never had my bike serviced there but I've heard good things.

Not sure who John has turning wrenches for him now but they won't work there long if they're not any good.With that said,either of the above would be my choice.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Platoon Daddy

Was intro'd to them by my cousin who was then a Capitol Police guy. They kissed his arse.

Had he still been alive when I had issues with them (cycle accident), I'd have drug his sorry butt in there to chat with "his guy."

Believe me, they are not a good group. Who they like, they take good care of. Who they don't know and or don't like, they treat like crap.

Go in there at your own risk. I found them pricey and dishonorable. YMMV

Never again.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    MRC in Odenton right at the circle might like to have that job. Small 2 person shop but they've always been nice to me and do cheap tire changes.

If you want a full blown shop Honda of Crofton would do it. Glen burnie motor sports and petes cycle in SP would also be good options but I'd price MRC out first. Bet they are the cheapest.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Platoon Daddy

Was intro'd to them by my cousin who was then a Capitol Police guy. They kissed his arse.

Had he still been alive when I had issues with them (cycle accident), I'd have drug his sorry butt in there to chat with "his guy."

Believe me, they are not a good group. Who they like, they take good care of. Who they don't know and or don't like, they treat like crap.

Go in there at your own risk. I found them pricey and dishonorable. YMMV

Never again.

I must be living a charm life, they have bent over backwards for me and my three neighbors. For sure none of us are related, but have always had great service.

Dang, not good hearing about yours and others experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom