• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    MRC in Odenton right at the circle might like to have that job. Small 2 person shop but they've always been nice to me and do cheap tire changes.

If you want a full blown shop Honda of Crofton would do it. Glen burnie motor sports and petes cycle in SP would also be good options but I'd price MRC out first. Bet they are the cheapest.

+1 on Honda of Crofton. They may still have the "drive in, first come first served" service for minor jobs on Saturday mornings. I use them for non-Aprilia jobs for my Scarabeo (~75k+ miles and counting). They're the only MC outfit that didn't give me attitude about working on an old Italian maxiscooter.

Just don't let kids work on your bike. But that's true anywhere. :innocent0

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    MRC in Odenton right at the circle might like to have that job. Small 2 person shop but they've always been nice to me and do cheap tire changes.

If you want a full blown shop Honda of Crofton would do it. Glen burnie motor sports and petes cycle in SP would also be good options but I'd price MRC out first. Bet they are the cheapest.

I use MRC as well for tire changes. Bring the wheel in only; and they charge $30.00 to mount and balance. Most other Motorcycle dealers charge $60.00 and up... and MRC won't trash your wheel's finish unlike other shops that I have the experience with (Honda Powersports of Crofton, CC Cycle...) :innocent0

I do all other maintenance and repair work myself. I just hate messing with spooning tires off and on.

reddobie0

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Lost Somewhere
    I have used Honda power sports in Crofton for about 8 tire changes and they charged me $35 when I brought just the wheel. I always do the other work myself and know cycle shops can get pricey. I bought some stuff from MRC and he is a good guy but never used any of his services on bikes.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I have used Honda power sports in Crofton for about 8 tire changes and they charged me $35 when I brought just the wheel. I always do the other work myself and know cycle shops can get pricey. I bought some stuff from MRC and he is a good guy but never used any of his services on bikes.

That's odd. I had used them twice (years ago) and it was $50.00 per wheel (removed from bike and brought in); completed with mounting scratches.

Oh and one of the tires I had to bring back for re-balancing too. :rolleyes: This was when I had my VTX 1300R... granted that the front wheel of that bike was really heavy (solid wheel) but you don't release an unbalanced wheel back to the customer; for him to remount on the bike; experience a "pogo-stick" ride; and then said customer has to take wheel back off bike; and bring back in to verify (and have corrected) improper wheel balance. :mad54:

It may seem that I gripe at times; but I hate being screwed over by particular motorcycle dealer(s). Every bad experience I will always post about. Because I say when the dealer screws me... I will screw them right back with a customer satisfaction report.

reddobie0

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Lost Somewhere
    They must have changed their pricing. :shrug: This has been the price they charged me since 2012, $35 per tire so two would be $70. We took my friends rim up there about 3 months ago for the same price when I replaced his shaft seals. I've never had a problem with them mounting my tires. They have been nice and courteous every time I deal with them. I've thought of trying the beads but never followed through with them for balancing.

Everybody has a different experience with businesses and maybe you had a bad tech or something that day.

I did not know MRC did this service. I will take it there next time because he is a really good guy from my past experiences buying accessories from him. Plus I would like to give him the business and see him succeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom