• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I read an article by noted gun writer and self defense guru Massad Ayoob that stated all Glock 30's have the dual action recoil spring/buffer assembly. If that's the case then a Gen 4 Glock 30 wouldn't seem to offer any real advantage in terms of felt recoil would it..?? Just curious because I'm in the market for a 30 and a Gen 3 is considerably less expensive than a Gen 4, and I'm not sure what other bells and whistles that the Gen 4 has that would justify the extra cost. Any info appreciated.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    AFAIK all the subcompact standard Glocks (26 size) have had the dual recoil spring but I'm unsure if the large frame compacts did (although it would make sense). Gen4 has a bit better ergos and customizable, plus the upgraded texturing and reversible mag release.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    You can upgrade the spring later if needed. If the Gen 3 fits you well enough, then there's no benefit to getting a Gen4.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Pretty much as has been said... Other than being able to alter the size of the grip on the Gen4... There is no real other advantage. IF the Gen3 fits your hand as is... Buy with confidence and enjoy it.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I read an article by noted gun writer and self defense guru Massad Ayoob that stated all Glock 30's have the dual action recoil spring/buffer assembly. If that's the case then a Gen 4 Glock 30 wouldn't seem to offer any real advantage in terms of felt recoil would it..?? Just curious because I'm in the market for a 30 and a Gen 3 is considerably less expensive than a Gen 4, and I'm not sure what other bells and whistles that the Gen 4 has that would justify the extra cost. Any info appreciated.

I have a factory new Gen 3 G30 and I'm fairly certain it came with the dual spring. I can confirm tonight.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    A G30s has a thinner slide and the SF frame and is far easier to conceal comfortably than a standard G30. My choice was easy as a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom