• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Anybody have experience with factory reconditioned Glocks..?? I occasionally see them listed for sale at various places, usually at considerably discounted (over new retail) prices. I called one dealer who had one I was interested in and was told it had been a Police Dept. owned gun, but had never been issued. The guys at Glock told me these are usually "T&E" (test & evaluation) guns and obviously they can no longer be sold as new, so it goes back to Glock, it's completely gutted and all internal parts are replaced, it's then function tested and it gets a tag around the trigger guard indicating it's "factory reconditioned". I know for a fact these carry a full Glock warranty same as a factory new one because I called Glock in Smyrna Ga. and they told me as much, but I would be interested to hear comments from anyone who has purchased a factory reconditioned gun, any problems encountered, things to look for, or be aware of etc. Thanks.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    What kind of pricing were you suggesting? I ask because unless you can beat GSSF pricing for a Glock Id just buy new. For Law Enforcement of GSSF members, Freestate has them for $456 with 3 magazines. Brand new, not previously finger banged by who knows who. :)

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    For glocks in general, you can buy a really beat up old one for cheap and ship them back to the factory to have them replace anything out of spec. It's cool to have a company support their product like glock does.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    What kind of pricing were you suggesting? I ask because unless you can beat GSSF pricing for a Glock Id just buy new. For Law Enforcement of GSSF members, Freestate has them for $456 with 3 magazines. Brand new, not previously finger banged by who knows who. :)

For a Gen 4..?? If so that's a great deal. I'm talking about a Gen 4 G30, I'm not A GSSSF or LEO and the price for a new Gen 4 G30 at most places I've seen is $585 plus whatever they charge for shipping, which I assume is north of $20.

The reconditioned Gen 4 G30 ran me $525 delivered, and honestly, the gun looked brand new. I've bought from this guy before, so I'm reasonably confident it will be a good buy @ a savings of $80 or so, but time will tell.

Attachments

• G30-1.jpg
      G30-1.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 722
    • G30-2.jpg
      G30-2.jpg
      65.9 KB · Views: 711

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    glocks are a great deal at full MSRP. anything lower than that is even better.

looks like a pretty good deal if you don't mind paying shipping and transfer. If it is local, please share where.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I've seen them before and they look good. There really isn't much that can go wrong on one unless it's blatantly out of spec or broken. Back when I was in MD, I remember seeing used Glocks being offered fairly cheap. I don't know how the HQL affected that. I stopped paying attention to modern handgun prices after the HQL went into effect because I knew I wasn't going to buy anymore.

Here in VA, barely used Glocks are available everywhere for cheap. It seems like it's everyone going through Blue Label guns. I got my unfired Gen 4 Glock 19 with three mags off of someone for $450. It was in a Blue Label box. I've seen plenty more since in the same price range advertised with low round counts and/or never carried.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    glocks are a great deal at full MSRP. anything lower than that is even better.

looks like a pretty good deal if you don't mind paying shipping and transfer. If it is local, please share where.

Unfortunately no, it wasn't local. I got it on Gunbroker, and I've dealt with this guy before, so that's one reason I felt comfortable with this deal, as I generally just prefer to go with factory new. The price I quoted ($525) was delivered to my local dealer (Gunrunners in downtown Fredneck), there were no hidden costs, CC fees, etc. As usual, I have to pay my guy the transfer fee ($40) but that would apply for any gun, new or otherwise, that I had shipped to him, just like any other dealer's transfer fee. I'm kind of stoked about getting this little "pocket freight train", if it's anything like my Smith & Wesson 45C it'll take some getting used to, but that's half the fun..LOL Thanks guys, I appreciate all the input. :D

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I bought a factory reconditioned G22 Gen 3, with the cool curved slide serrations, for $425, with case and two magazines. I am sure it was a police turn in. The gun functions like new, looks new. It was a great deal, for a great gun.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I bought a factory reconditioned G22 Gen 3, with the cool curved slide serrations, for $425, with case and two magazines. I am sure it was a police turn in. The gun functions like new, looks new. It was a great deal, for a great gun.

If the frame was very rough you got an RTF2 which are just plain awesome. Too rough for carry without an undershirt imho but for everything else just pure awesome.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Yup, it sure have that ruff texture. Supposedly there were not the many Gen3's with that texture and the curved serrations. I about drooled when I saw it on the table and the asking price. One of my last great purchases at the Silverado gun shows at the Prince Georges Equestrian Center before the mindless county shut down the shows. I sure miss them.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Yup, it sure have that ruff texture. Supposedly there were not the many Gen3's with that texture and the curved serrations. I about drooled when I saw it on the table and the asking price. One of my last great purchases at the Silverado gun shows at the Prince Georges Equestrian Center before the mindless county shut down the shows. I sure miss them.

The RTF2 with the fish gills was introduced in 2009 and was not well liked at the time, so it didn't last. The RTF2 stayed on after the fish gills were dropped. Glock has had the RTF2 on certain distributor exclusive models. A lot of people complained it was too aggressive, but it has quite the cult following. The Gen 4 stippling is based on the RTF2, just not as aggressive.

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    Keep an eye on Summit Gun Broker if you are looking for a good Glock deal.

They may not have what you are looking for right now but their offerings change often.

I just picked up one of the $329 "very nice" Gen 3 Glock 22 police trade ins.

It was new unissued. I don't think it had been fired since it first left the factory.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    Anybody have experience with factory reconditioned Glocks..?? I occasionally see them listed for sale at various places, usually at considerably discounted (over new retail) prices. I called one dealer who had one I was interested in and was told it had been a Police Dept. owned gun, but had never been issued. The guys at Glock told me these are usually "T&E" (test & evaluation) guns and obviously they can no longer be sold as new, so it goes back to Glock, it's completely gutted and all internal parts are replaced, it's then function tested and it gets a tag around the trigger guard indicating it's "factory reconditioned". I know for a fact these carry a full Glock warranty same as a factory new one because I called Glock in Smyrna Ga. and they told me as much, but I would be interested to hear comments from anyone who has purchased a factory reconditioned gun, any problems encountered, things to look for, or be aware of etc. Thanks.
    I bought back an old department gen 2 g17 for $190. Overnighted it to Glock USA and paid additional $55 for night sights. Had the gun back eight days from when I initially shipped it. Runs like a glock. They go over it and replace anything that needs replacing for free. Got all new guts and updated magazine followers and springs

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom