question about AR pistol buffer tube length.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I purchased a complete kit for an ar pistol (minus the lower) and I did not like the buffer tube that was included. It just wasn't asteticly pleasing to me. It just look crappy imo. I purchased a phase 5 buffer tube as a replacement. Now here is the question the phase 5 is about a half inch shorter than the original. Will that make a difference? I've fired it with the original and there was no issues. I havent tried it yet with the phase 5. I don't know if it being a half inch shorter matters but I figured I'd ask.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I purchased a complete kit for an ar pistol (minus the lower) and I did not like the buffer tube that was included. It just wasn't asteticly pleasing to me. It just look crappy imo. I purchased a phase 5 buffer tube as a replacement. Now here is the question the phase 5 is about a half inch shorter than the original. Will that make a difference? I've fired it with the original and there was no issues. I havent tried it yet with the phase 5. I don't know if it being a half inch shorter matters but I figured I'd ask.

Should be OK. Those tubes are basically A2 (full) length. I have a even shorter one on my 9mm and it runs fine.

Last edited:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Agreed, should be fine. I run a Phase 5 buffer tube on one of my pistol builds with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom