• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Is this a good deal..?? PSA Complete AR-15 Lower....

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-complete-blem-lower-classic-edition-no-magazine.html

I know it's a "blem" but I have purchased some of Palmetto's so-called blemished items in the past, and the blems are so minor they're hardly even noticeable.

I don't really need another lower, it just seemed like an attractive price even when you factor in transfer and filing fees. Add the HBAR upper of your choice and you're ready to go.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    That will be a bargin in a few short years if the GOP doesn't get their act together.

...sorry, I know that doesn't help much

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Will PSA ship this to MD?

This came from the PSA website:
    Complete AR and AK receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:
    - California
    - Connecticut
    - Maryland :sad20:
    - Massachusetts
    - New Jersey
    - New York

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Will PSA ship this to MD?

This came from the PSA website:
    Complete AR and AK receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:
    - California
    - Connecticut
    - Maryland :sad20:
    - Massachusetts
    - New Jersey
    - New York

I guess we'll find out soon, because I ordered one and it went thru.

The charge on my card is still "pending" so until I get a ship notice from PSA I suppose it's a mystery.

Worst that can happen is they cancel the order, so I'm not concerned.

hit3961

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 5, 2017

The charge on my card is still "pending" so until I get a ship notice from PSA I suppose it's a mystery.

Never had a problem with lowers just uppers.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

A MD FFL can order firearms/frames for you from PSA, but you as an individual can not order anything that has to be shipped to an FFL.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    UPDATE: So I called PSA this morning, they do not ship complete lowers to MD, the gal on the phone said "it's against Maryland law" which I believe is BS but I didn't argue with her. She politely cancelled my order and refunded my credit card.

I found a complete Anderson lower on Gunbroker for just a few bucks more, so I'm going with that.

Last edited:

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    UPDATE: So I called PSA this morning, they do not ship complete lowers to MD, the gal on the phone said "it's against Maryland law" which I believe is BS but I didn't argue with her. She politely cancelled my order and refunded my credit card.

I found a complete Anderson lower on Gunbroker for just a few bucks more, so I'm going with that.

You are working too hard at this. :rolleyes:

There are a bunch of IPs that will sell you a lower. No shipping required. Typically just posting the the "general" IP section will get you a response.

I picked up one at Baltimore's Best Pawn, and SCSG.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    You are working too hard at this. :rolleyes:

There are a bunch of IPs that will sell you a lower. No shipping required. Typically just posting the the "general" IP section will get you a response.

I picked up one at Baltimore's Best Pawn, and SCSG.

What brands and how much out the door..??

Just to be clear, I want a complete lower, not a stripped.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    What brands and how much out the door..??

Just to be clear, I want a complete lower, not a stripped.

I've bought a total of FIVE complete Palmetto State Armory lowers from JLOWESGUNS.com (an IP here, located in Cecil County) at the same price they were advertised on PSA's site at the time I ordered them, which was anywhere from $125 to $180 depending on options...

All were "BLEMS" with no blemish that I can see...I "heard" they call them "blems" rather than what they are, which is "overstock".

Usually takes him a few days to get them in. I provide him with a link to their ad price, and pay the same, without their (PSA's) BS...:thumbsup:

On the flipside, I've had TWO complete uppers, shipped directly to me from PSA...

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I've bought a total of FIVE complete Palmetto State Armory lowers from JLOWESGUNS.com (an IP here, located in Cecil County) at the same price they were advertised on PSA's site at the time I ordered them, which was anywhere from $125 to $180 depending on options...

All were "BLEMS" with no blemish that I can see...I "heard" they call them "blems" rather than what they are, which is "overstock".

Usually takes him a few days to get them in. I provide him with a link to their ad price, and pay the same, without their (PSA's) BS...:thumbsup:

On the flipside, I've had TWO complete uppers, shipped directly to me from PSA...

Thanks for the tip.

Cecil county is just way too far out of my area to make that cost effective. Since this item requires a 77R I would have to make two separate trips up there, one to show up with my pin # and get the process started, then a second trip to pick it up after the obligatory 8 day wait, it's just not worth all that travel to save what would amount to about a $20 savings over a GB purchase sent to my local guy in Fredneck

FWIW, I've never had an issue with uppers ordered from them, they ship right to my door, no questions asked.

I'm not sure what PSA's logic is (or lack thereof) in not allowing individuals to order items that require an FFL, and have them sent to a local dealer here in Maryland, but it seems to me they are losing a considerable amount of business with this shortsighted policy.

It makes no difference to me, I'll simply spend my money elsewhere if that's how they want to be about it.

I have an Anderson complete lower on it's way from Texas to Gunrunners in Fredneck, after all is said and done it's going to run me $189 out the door, shipping, fees, everything, so I'm not complaining, and lesson learned.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Thanks for the tip.

Cecil county is just way too far out of my area to make that cost effective. Since this item requires a 77R I would have to make two separate trips up there, one to show up with my pin # and get the process started, then a second trip to pick it up after the obligatory 8 day wait, it's just not worth all that travel to save what would amount to about a $20 savings over a GB purchase sent to my local guy in Fredneck

FWIW, I've never had an issue with uppers ordered from them, they ship right to my door, no questions asked.

I'm not sure what PSA's logic is (or lack thereof) in not allowing individuals to order items that require an FFL, and have them sent to a local dealer here in Maryland, but it seems to me they are losing a considerable amount of business with this shortsighted policy.

It makes no difference to me, I'll simply spend my money elsewhere if that's how they want to be about it.

I have an Anderson complete lower on it's way from Texas to Gunrunners in Fredneck, after all is said and done it's going to run me $189 out the door, shipping, fees, everything, so I'm not complaining, and lesson learned.

You could get them through Jlowes or via BlueFin. At least I've gotten stuff from Palmetto from both IPs. The problem is not with PSA but with our messed up laws in Maryland. :innocent0

Jlowes is a scary place...so many things that you do not realize that you need until he shows them to you. :)

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    You could get them through Jlowes or via BlueFin. At least I've gotten stuff from Palmetto from both IPs. The problem is not with PSA but with our messed up laws in Maryland. :innocent0

Jlowes is a scary place...so many things that you do not realize that you need until he shows them to you. :)

This doesn't have anything to do with messed up MD laws.

I got an email from PSA's "compliance dept.",...

Sorry, but we will only ship complete lowers to Maryland if you are an FFL holder or credentialed Law Enforcement Officer, please send us your LEO credentials or ask your local dealer to order this item for you...

This has nothing to do with MD laws, it's PSA's company policy.

As much as I would like to, I can't blame this one on MD laws...

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    This doesn't have anything to do with messed up MD laws.

I got an email from PSA's "compliance dept.",...

Sorry, but we will only ship complete lowers to Maryland if you are an FFL holder or credentialed Law Enforcement Officer, please send us your LEO credentials or ask your local dealer to order this item for you...

This has nothing to do with MD laws, it's PSA's company policy.

As much as I would like to, I can't blame this one on MD laws...
    My guess: PSA's website form may be ambiguous, along with their phone support training. Ask local gun shops to match that price for you and my guess is that you will get that price without an FFL fee, or for only $25+. I miss Lou's pricing!

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I learned about this policy the same way you did a couple of months ago. I ordered a 9mm complete lower, just to have the compliance dept shut me down. The lady I talked to told me it was the owners call. I ordered a stripped 9mm lower and it was shipped without issue. I had it shipped to Bollinger's in Northern CC. They do really cheap transfers and carry PSA stuff in stock. They were an IP here, but not anymore. No idea why.

I've never had a issue having a PSA upper shipped to my door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom