• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    What's everyone running? What do you like, and why? Been doing research and I can't decide what I'm going to go with, so I'd like to hear other's experience.

Paging Clandestine: what trigger am I going to put in my new g17?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Bang for buck, at $83 shipped, the flat-face trigger kit from Suarez Int'l isn't bad.

I'd like to see a little bit lower pull weight, but there is next to no initial take-up. Just an ever so slight creep, hit the wall, slight pressure more and the shot breaks. Over-travel, if it's there it's not really perceptible. Nice and smooth, solid reset (audibly and tactile).

I've already got close to 1K on it, no malfunctions.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    The most I've done to a Glock is install a 3.5lb connector bar and polish the internals. I have tried out a few aftermarket triggers that my friends have gone to, but nothing really struck me as so much better than what I currently have that it would be a game changer. I haven't tried the Suarez, but I've now shot a Zev, Apex, Wolf UAT, and I think a TTI trigger kit. I want to try out a Vanek, but just am not feeling motivated to buy without trying.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    The most I've done to a Glock is install a 3.5lb connector bar and polish the internals. I have tried out a few aftermarket triggers that my friends have gone to, but nothing really struck me as so much better than what I currently have that it would be a game changer. I haven't tried the Suarez, but I've now shot a Zev, Apex, Wolf UAT, and I think a TTI trigger kit. I want to try out a Vanek, but just am not feeling motivated to buy without trying.

I have a couple glocks. Both have the heavy "new york" trigger in them. They are easily my favorite handguns to shoot. However this is due to the thousands of rounds I've shot through them. My next glock I can modify (my current 2 I can't), and while I can certainly get by with the stock trigger (its actually a big upgrade from the heavy "new york trigger" that I'm accustomed to) it is certainly an area that could use improvement.

I realize the limitations of the trigger on a striker fired pistol, but something that is 30% better would be a big improvement.

CSHS

Apr 21, 2015

I started the link Alan refers to above. I bought a Taran Tactical Grand Master Kit for my Glock 17, 9mm, 3rd Gen. Cost $49.24 with shipping. Put it in, gun wouldn't fire. I didn't know a lot about the inner workings of my Glock before, but I'm an expert now. After numerous assemblies/disassemblies/swapping of OEM vs Taran parts and a lot of help from YouTube and other forums, I finally figured out the connector wasn't bent out far enough. In the end, my trigger pull is in the mid 5-pound range. I haven't fired it yet and I'm taking the OEM parts to the range when I do.

My advice is to learn to completely disassemble the gun, clean it well, and do the 25-cent trigger job (polish) that you can see in many YouTube videos.

Jan 25, 2017
    What's everyone running? What do you like, and why? Been doing research and I can't decide what I'm going to go with, so I'd like to hear other's experience.

Paging Clandestine: what trigger am I going to put in my new g17?

What's the purpose of the Glock in question (self-defense, tactical application, competition, etc.)?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The best bang for the buck is to just shoot the perfectly serviceable stock trigger . If you want a 1911 like trigger , you should buy a 1911 like pistol , instead of striker fired .

For about 90yrs , LE & related occupations had used DA revolvers . In the Revolver World , 12lb was average , and 10lb was bragging level of light . And few of them whined about it .

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I use a 3rd gen trigger bar with smooth faced trigger, although the majority of mine were not full size and came with the awful serrated "target" trigger. I stone the rough edges and polish the bar, connector, and contact surfaces. Take the striker block out, turn it to take the edge off and polish it up. All this smooths out the pull, and may even drop the pull weight a little. I generally like the 4th gen ". " connector, where lighter connectors feel mushy and trade a worse pull for a little bit lighter break. Add a heavier trigger spring, and it reduces the takeup weight making the 2nd stage break more distinct. Doesn't cost much, and gives an improved, more distinct feel similar to stock.

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    I've personally tried several different combinations and never really found anything that I was satisfied with. Right now a I have ZEV Gen4 drop in trigger kit and that's the best setup I've come across. It's absolutely better than stock and other combo's that I've tried and likely why I still "rock my Glock".. As I'm sure others have - I've wasted more money on my Glock than I'll ever admit which is why when I got to "good enough", I stopped.

http://www.zevtechnologies.com/ZEV-Tac-Fulcrum-Trigger-Drop-In-Kit-4th-Gen-9mm-Blk-Red

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    The best bang for the buck is to just shoot the perfectly serviceable stock trigger . If you want a 1911 like trigger , you should buy a 1911 like pistol , instead of striker fired .

For about 90yrs , LE & related occupations had used DA revolvers . In the Revolver World , 12lb was average , and 10lb was bragging level of light . And few of them whined about it .

I can and do shoot the stock trigger (quite well), even with the "new york" trigger.

This thread wasn't me asking "hey should i change my glock trigger?". This thread was me asking for experiences of others who have replaced their triggers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom