• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Having OCD, I prefer even numbers. Should have been 6.

My OCD prefers ODD number so when i line them up for weighing, polishing and numbering they form a perfect triangle. So, 5 was "ok", but eleven would have been better.

But, seriously... boo-hoo my criminal child was shot while committing armed robbery?

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    m-stronger-than-you-oh-please-youre-fat-slow-and-13345246.png

.45 to 9: one of us can whip five of you pipsqueaks.

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    Should have done the robbing here in Maryland, quietly likely will meet no counter firepower. The importance of information and knowledge can't be overly stressed!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    In Texas of all places. The only safe place to rob a store is Austin. Then you better be sure a SJW owns the business. Texans usually don't mess around. My guess is that he had a 5 shot revolver, probably a 357 small frame.

Ode to stupidity.

[YT]dsUXAEzaC3Q[/YT]

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    "Why did he have to shoot him five times?"

Damn magazine limits.

Last edited:
    Jan 25, 2017

Sensationalism and a misunderstanding of how shooting to stop the threat works. That's it.

You can blame the media, Hollywood, etc. for how they depict the effects of firearms. Many people's only exposure to firearms is through media, so their mental image of how someone getting shot works is that they believe one shot is immediately incapacitating or that someone goes flying backwards when they get shot.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Sensationalism and a misunderstanding of how shooting to stop the threat works. That's it.

You can blame the media, Hollywood, etc. for how they depict the effects of firearms. Many people's only exposure to firearms is through media, so their mental image of how someone getting shot works is that they believe one shot is immediately incapacitating or that someone goes flying backwards when they get shot.

Or just shoot him in the leg. No reason to kill him when all ya had to do was wing-em.

Don't they watch TV or nothing.......

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    lets try again...

5 shots of .09 MM is exactly the same stopping power as ONE shot of 45 caliber 1911. the 7 round mag of a 1911 is like a 35 round super size Glock-brand-GLOCK .09 MM.

Moral of the story, get a 45.

.09 mm is 1/100 the diameter of 9mm.

That aside there is no such thing as 'stopping power." As Paris Theodore noted with his Quell system, you either hit the CNS; or you may put 5 holes in center mass with any pistol round, including .45, and may have an assailant perfectly able to kill you. A .22 in CNS has more stopping power than a random .45 shot center mass. So under pressure, with movement of both you and your assailant, where study after study shows many to most shots will miss, it is a very good strategy to have adequate number of rounds to increase chance of hitting CNS especially if your assailant is armed.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Rascal went (multiple) there's . I'm walking away biting my tongue . ( That sounds painful , I should find new metaphors to mix .)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom