• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Florida, one of the last vestiges of 2A and the Bill of Rights in general, and a destination place where people from all over the country mingle and interact during everything from college spring break to retirement in old age, is a big, fat, juicy target for the Anti-2A movement to focus their cultural war for maximum effect and dissemination and get the biggest bang for their buck.

If they can change the culture in Florida, it will spill over to other places.

This is war.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Getting back to the core of this thread...

If Hogg & Company are extorting money from multiple businesses, doesn't that fall under the definition of "Racketeering"? If they were merely asking companies to change behavior, that's one thing. But demanding donations in exchange for businesses not being harmed, as an ongoing enterprise, is the same thing The Mob does and can earn someone serious time in Federal prison. Has that line been crossed, and should the DoJ start investigating?

That was my thought initially too. RICO may stick because Publix operates across state lines. And they didn't cave, they shut down. So Diaper Boy screwed the pooch, since they can now no longer contribute to outfits like Everytown or similar gun grabbers.

Nice going, moron! That totally worked out like you figured it would, didn't it? :lol2:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's not necessarily over , Publix just lobbed the ball back into Little Hitler's side of the court.

Will he be satisfied to cut off donations to people he doesn't like, or continue pressing for his million dollars ? I almost hope he does . At that point he will no longer have a fig leaf of legitimite political purposes, and will be blatent Extortion and Racketeering.

TreadNot

May 11, 2012
    Bel Air
    Getting back to the core of this thread...

If Hogg & Company are extorting money from multiple businesses, doesn't that fall under the definition of "Racketeering"? If they were merely asking companies to change behavior, that's one thing. But demanding donations in exchange for businesses not being harmed, as an ongoing enterprise, is the same thing The Mob does and can earn someone serious time in Federal prison. Has that line been crossed, and should the DoJ start investigating?

Looks like extortion to me. Someone, anyone, in Florida should go to their district attorney and press charges.
    Florida statute:
    836.05 Threats; extortion.—Whoever, either verbally or by a written or printed communication, maliciously threatens to accuse another of any crime or offense, or by such communication maliciously threatens an injury to the person, property or reputation of another, or maliciously threatens to expose another to disgrace, or to expose any secret affecting another, or to impute any deformity or lack of chastity to another, with intent thereby to extort money or any pecuniary advantage whatsoever, or with intent to compel the person so threatened, or any other person, to do any act or refrain from doing any act against his or her will, shall be guilty of a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
    History.—s. 42, sub-ch. 3, ch. 1637, 1868; RS 2420; GS 3261; RGS 5092; CGL 7194; s. 1, ch. 57-254; s. 991, ch. 71-136; s. 1307, ch. 97-102.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2011/836.05

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    While I would love to see Hogg and others suffer the legal consequences for their actions the chances of it are negligible at best. No one wants the bad publicity of charging a student who was present at a school shooting with a crime...after all he's a "child" and is "fighting the good fight" for the rest of the children of America...and that's how it would be presented by the media. He's a media darling...for now.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Looks like they caved.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/3111...m_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

CBS News reported that Publix caved to the leftist pressure and intimidation tactics, announcing that they have decided to "suspend corporate-funded political contributions as we reevaluate our giving processes."

"We regret that our contributions have led to a divide in our community," Publix said in a statement to CBS News. "We did not intend to put our associates and the customers they serve in the middle of a political debate."

Just for once I want a company to have some balls. Don’t apologize. Sue these little M F’ers for disruption to business and extortion. Make their lives a living hell. Enough is enough. They are nothing but bullies. Give an inch and they will never stop. Punch them right in the face. (Figuratively speaking of course)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    They could have nailed everyone that went inside the stores and laid down…not certain what fire codes that county uses but you can’t block and means of exit or a path to get to the exit…plus there’s the 18” minimum between stationary objects (when they laid down).

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Well, it looks like Hogg may have shot himself in the foot this time. Since Publix has stopped all corporate donations, they are no longer giving money to organizations that support Planned Parenthood and LGBT efforts. The law of unintended consequences.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...o-organizations-that-fund-planned-parenthood/

The Left's next move will be to demonize Publix and other corporations for their uncharitable stinginess and lack of civic support (which it caused), and use it as an excuse to push for more taxes and eventual socialization of business.

They have a long history of putting the kibosh on charitable organizations by replacing them with mandatory taxation and government subsidy. It's called control.

It's not a coincidence that conservatives are statistically much larger supporters and donors to charity than liberals. Just ask Joe Biden.

But I digress.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Anybody think Hogg, as the son of a former FBI agent might be taking personally and reacting in part to the fact that the FBI had warnings before Parkland but failed to act? Deflection?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Anybody think Hogg, as the son of a former FBI agent might be taking personally and reacting in part to the fact that the FBI had warnings before Parkland but failed to act? Deflection?
    uh... from the first time he opened his mouth. I'm just wondering if his father had something to do with the mishandling of the FBI warning...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I think his father got the ball rolling and Bloomberg & Co. picked him up and ran with it from there. When they find someone, anyone, less annoying and foul-mouthed to be a poster chile they'll drop him like a bad habit.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    In other words, all those who had warnings and opportunity to stop him have SUCCESSFULLY diverted attention away from themselves and toward guns and law abiding 2A supporters instead.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    In other words, all those who had warnings and opportunity to stop him have SUCCESSFULLY diverted attention away from themselves and toward guns and law abiding 2A supporters instead.

I'm not sure whether by "him" you meant Cruz or Hogg, but amazingly you can plug either one into that sentence and it's still perfectly accurate.:)

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I'm not sure whether by "him" you meant Cruz or Hogg, but amazingly you can plug either one into that sentence and it's still perfectly accurate.:)

Fixed it, thanks. I meant Cruz, but was anything but clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom