• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    I’m sure there’s some people on here that know some Labrador breeders. I’m looking for a puppy for my kids, and we’ve narrowed it down to a lab. Anyone know of any reputable breeders with any upcoming litters? Or someone reputable you’ve went through in the past? This isn’t a Christmas puppy. Just turned out we decided to finally start looking around Christmas time. I’m ok if it’s gonna be a bit to wait.

Thanks in advance everyone.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Got our boy 10 years ago from sly fox breeders on the eastern shore. He has a great reputation. Let me know if you want the number. This is buddy pictures 9 years ago to the day with his first duck and this past Friday. Couldn’t ask for a better more healthy dog.
    08938e9b3ab9b4e293933e2f93a04175.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Buddy was 750 10 years ago, had a hip guarantee and we had to agree to get him fixed and not breed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    true

They are crazy expensive

I d not know the going rate. We have taken our mutts there for boarding a ton of times in the past. They have tons of first place ribbons that looks like wallpaper on their walls.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I'd normally point people to the local club for the breed they ask about since they should be able to direct people to local breeders but the Lab club of the Potomac website is extremely bad. If you go to the national Lab club website you can find all breeders that are listed with them. Can't recommend any of them personally or tell you if they have litters coming up but this should at least give you some more options.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    OP, what are you looking for? Working, field trial/hunting? Show quality? American type? English? Black? Yellow? Chocolate? Keep in mind any dog you consider should have both parents certified to have good hips and elbows as both dysplasias are common to the breed. Labs can have eye problems and it is normal for good breeders to also have the parents certified to be clear of trouble as well. All this vet work is expensive and adds costs to the breeding program but there is nothing worse than having large vet bills down the road to fix problems that can be bred out of the breed. Because of the extra expense I would be surprised to find a "good" Lab for anything these days at less than $1,000.00 and possibly $2,000.00. Homework here will pay off in the long run.

Charlie K.

Feb 3, 2013
    Baltimore
    Try Rosedale Labradors. They are on Facebook and have a website. Lee and Judy are good people. I have 2 of their dogs and no problems.

Charlie

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    There is a nice kennel near winchester. Crystal Kennels. They breed English bloodlines to produce shorter, blockier labs.

I was searching for a pup recently and almost sealed the deal with Jenifer. Wanted a yellow boy.

She is just sending out a litter now, born 10/30. But the heat pump blew and there went my dog fund.

Price was 2k on limited registration, with full health clearances

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    OP, what are you looking for? Working, field trial/hunting? Show quality? American type? English? Black? Yellow? Chocolate? Keep in mind any dog you consider should have both parents certified to have good hips and elbows as both dysplasias are common to the breed. Labs can have eye problems and it is normal for good breeders to also have the parents certified to be clear of trouble as well. All this vet work is expensive and adds costs to the breeding program but there is nothing worse than having large vet bills down the road to fix problems that can be bred out of the breed. Because of the extra expense I would be surprised to find a "good" Lab for anything these days at less than $1,000.00 and possibly $2,000.00. Homework here will pay off in the long run.

I hunt with a guy who spent $8,000 in vet bills trying to bring his lab back to good health.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    http://www.caerbren.com/ Up in damascus. I've known the breeder for years. Top dogs, shes also done judging. She doesnt have puppies at this time as far as I know, but maybe able to direct you. maybe planning a litter soon.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    My neighbor got his yellow Lab up in Amish country in Lancaster PA. Great dog. He is 6+yrs old and super healthy. $600 with AKC papers. He found the breeder online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom