• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Hey folks, I've got another "it's not on the roster" for you; the dead horse decided to get back up for Halloween, I guess.

So, I've been drooling over the S&W Model 66 Combat Magnum 4", and finally decided I want to buy it, but when I looked at the roster, there's no mention of it. They only show provisions for the Model 66 and Model 66-F.

Now, am I wrong in assuming they're referring to the 1970's-2000's Model 66, specifically? Or would Model 66 encompass the current iterations of the 66, such as the 66-8? I noticed with the Model 19, they make a point of differentiating between the 19 and 19-9, so... Honestly, at this point, seems like less trouble just to buy the blasted Model 19, since I really don't want to have to wait of it turns out to not be on the roster.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191101-145357.jpg
      Screenshot_20191101-145357.jpg
      46.9 KB · Views: 313

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I'd ask your dealer what they think. Personally I think a Model 66 is a Model 66, and it'll be fine. But I'm not a dealer.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    It's probably ok but check for sure. Earlier this year I petitioned the Roster Board to accept the Ruger Blackhawk in 10mm. I filled out the form and listed the barrel length as 6 1/2" where it asked. It was added to the approved list as a caliber addition but the kicker was they only approved in in the 6 1/2" model...the 4 5/8" barreled model in 10mm remains off the list and thus banned. It's stupid, stupid, stupid...but it's how it's designed. You're asked specifically the length barrel you're petitioning for and no others need apply.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    It's probably ok but check for sure. Earlier this year I petitioned the Roster Board to accept the Ruger Blackhawk in 10mm. I filled out the form and listed the barrel length as 6 1/2" where it asked. It was added to the approved list as a caliber addition but the kicker was they only approved in in the 6 1/2" model...the 4 5/8" barreled model in 10mm remains off the list and thus banned. It's stupid, stupid, stupid...but it's how it's designed. You're asked specifically the length barrel you're petitioning for and no others need apply.

Nah, you're right. Better to just check in with United and see if it can be ordered, rather than waste my time and theirs waiting on a bunch of ignorant anti-gun bureaucrats. I can only assume the reason they did the handgun roster differently from the rifle roster was for this exact reason, to discourage or slow down people getting them.

JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    I just did the same thing bout a Para SSP 1911 in 38 super, they have the same gun in .45, but would not approve this version , so I ave filed the petition and hope to have the gun in February. My FFL has it says its nice. I may have to go visit it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Do they actually ?

Or the minority of MoCo residents that are conservative or libertarian , people passing thru Rockville for work or other business , plus MDS'ers making specific trip for the selection and prices ?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I've been in the store more times that I care to admit to my wife and I know for a fact they can sell guns to liberals. Not all gun people are "conservative" or even "libertarian." Many liberals are not anti gun, they think "guns for me but not for thee" and are knowbetters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom