US Army Sig M17 pistols hitting the market...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    It looks like Sig is releasing surplus M17 pistols that were returned by the Army. Apparently they were returned for upgrades and Sig replaced them and will be selling the returned pieces to the public. Apparently only a few thousand at best are going to be sold to the public. Who knows what the street prices will be?

No word on what upgrades were required...just that Sig is replacing them.

https://www.sigsauer.com/m17-surplus/

Some have joked that the Army fund out they might fire when dropped.

M17-a.jpg

M17-grenade.jpg

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    Seems like these will only be available from Sig elite dealers and only the ones that jumped on this immediately. Spoke to a guy who works for Sig in another forum - very limited run.

It looks like Sig is releasing surplus M17 pistols that were returned by the Army. Apparently they were returned for upgrades and Sig replaced them and will be selling the returned pieces to the public. Apparently only a few thousand at best are going to be sold to the public. Who knows what the street prices will be?

No word on what upgrades were required...just that Sig is replacing them.

https://www.sigsauer.com/m17-surplus/

Some have joked that the Army fund out they might fire when dropped.

M17-a.jpg

M17-grenade.jpg

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Interesting piece of issue weapon history.
    But, still, how much?

*****My best guess is less than the cost of the new Colt Python when it comes out. The new Colt Python will have a better trigger though, but never as good as the original Pythons. Both, the original Python, and the new Python, with the not as nice trigger, will be better for playing Russian Roulette than the Sig M17.

The M17 is on my list of something to buy once it becomes available. I actually prefer the coyote color controls as I think it will be more collectible in the future.

Apples and oranges, but I purchased a service Beretta 92S some time back for less than $300 that is in pretty decent shape. I expect the Sig to be perhaps as much as double that for the M17, as it seems like a nicer pistol overall.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    The Post Exchanges on the Army bases I've been to have been carrying M17s. I think they've been running around the $799 mark with two extendo mags and one flush fit mag.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    “”Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ngrovcam View Post
    Interesting piece of issue weapon history.
    But, still, how much?”
    *****My best guess is less than the cost of the new Colt Python when it comes out.””

Not a difficult marketing feat...lol

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    They were $850 from Modern sportsman when they hit the streets Saturday. They are selling a few on GB and most auctions are ending between $1300-1800

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    They were $850 from Modern sportsman when they hit the streets Saturday. They are selling a few on GB and most auctions are ending between $1300-1800

Managed to snag one before they ran out $911 to PA with tax etc. Gun has a bit of holster wear but doesnt look like its been fired Virtually new and in better shape than the ones on GB.

Attachments

• IMG_1449.jpg
      IMG_1449.jpg
      129.4 KB · Views: 309
    • IMG_1451.jpg
      IMG_1451.jpg
      47 KB · Views: 304
    • IMG_1448.jpg
      IMG_1448.jpg
      29.9 KB · Views: 302

Wongler

Nov 6, 2013
    Carlisle, PA
    I managed to grab one also from my local shop in PA.
    $750 plus tax.
    Shown above a commercial m17. Mine has similar wear, a few scratches in the frame, and the user apparently wanted the number 11 taped on.

Attachments

• D5CC88CB-AB42-4ADA-9798-904E97CB806A.jpg
      D5CC88CB-AB42-4ADA-9798-904E97CB806A.jpg
      107.1 KB · Views: 275
    • 94015F32-EE8E-4019-826B-A249568DECA5.jpg
      94015F32-EE8E-4019-826B-A249568DECA5.jpg
      56 KB · Views: 270

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    I managed to grab one also from my local shop in PA.
    $750 plus tax.
    Shown above a commercial m17. Mine has similar wear, a few scratches in the frame, and the user apparently wanted the number 11 taped on.

Probably a rack number. Really cool!

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    That's nice. I'd prefer grab a lightly used one than a brand new one. My impression with most service pistols I've had is that they function best between their 1,000th and 10,000th round. I was unlucky enough to have an M9 in Iraq that pretty well past its 10,000th, but luckily my other gun at the time as an M2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom