• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    What is everyone running thru their .22's, while I have mine sighted in at
    50 yards, yesterday after running some .223 down range (200 yrds)
    I still had a target out at the 100 yrd berm and had set up a bunch of bowling pins. I was impressed with how well that .22 did at that range.:party29:

.22's are fun.:)

mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    most of the time I use CCI mini-mags, or stingers I probably have 2 bricks of Remmy thunderbolts for general plinking.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Remington Yellowjackets are fun and cycle my S&W 22A great, Stingers won't work at all in the 22A but are fine in my bolt/lever rifles. I second Thunderbolts for cheap fun.

Try subsonics sometime for quiet, fun plinking. They aren't much slower than std. velocity .22's and the ballistics out to 60 yards are nearly identical. They drop a little more at 100 yds.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Remington Goldens for blasting ammo and Aguila Match Rifle for the CZ452

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    i love aguila supermax 30gr loads for kicks in my walther p22. it likes to chew up Federal's game shok 31,38, and 40 gr loads too. all handle well. i'm not much of a remington .22 fan. i love wolf for my AK47, but hate the mess lead rounds make in my .22, so i am a copper-plated person.

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    Hey NVGunner, My friend was eyeing up your Ar, He really digged it's look. Its pretty nice looking. I use CCI Mini Mags for "Hunting", we are suppose to go out shooting ground hogs and thats my ammo of choice. Now general plinking I use Federal Bulk Box Ammo from Wallymart. The Remington ammo aka Thunderbolts, yellow box etc. don't want to feed in my Ruger Mk II so I have a bunch of it i'm going to exchange out with my friend.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    CCI Standard Velocity for the Ruger Mk Series, suppressed and not, as it is subsonic. CCI Mini Mag for other semiautomatic rifles and certain pistols. In the Mosquito, spring selection will determine standard versus high velocity.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    CCI Standard Velocity and CCI Sub Sonic.

I have used Federal Target and Remington Target with good luck as well. But once I shoot up my current supply, I'll only be buying the CCI's

Pretty much of all my 22 shooting will be suppressed in the near future, I do plan on building another unsuppressed 10/22 in the future. That will also be using the CCI's though.

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    i tend to use remington sub sonics while on my property (not nearly as loud, although it occasionally won't cycle the round correctly "maybe 1 in 10")

if i am hunting with it i use cci velocitor, target shooting i use federal bulk 550 box. (its dirty, its cheap, its fun!)

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Plinking, Federal bricks Wallyworld edition....

CCI for anything more precise, and when I really want to pretend I know how to shoot, Lapua and Wolf MT...

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Remington Goldens for plinking. My 10-22 hated Federal bulk, my Marlin 39 eats anything.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I sighted my 10/22 in the other day using some Winchester Xpert HV. Worked well enough. But, in general, I'll use anything but Thunderbolts.

I've got a box of Centurion on order with SG... if it turns out to work well with my guns, I'll probably start standardizing on that. Mini-mags are better, but they're just skyrocketing in price these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom