• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I use Wolf Match Extra and Match Target in my CZ 452 Ultra. The Match Target is also very good in my Browning SA-22. My Ruger Mk III eats mainly Mini-Mags, but also CCI Standard Velocity and Federal Gold Medal.

I bought two bricks of Match Target at Cabela's in Hamburg this weekend. I have a couple bricks of CCI SV and partial bricks of all kinds of stuff for plinking, mostly with the SA-22. The Browning doesn't like Remington subsonics all that much, but I tolerate the failures to feed.

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    Okay, which one of you bought up all the .22 ammo? :mad:
    Went to a few places today looking for .22 ammo (CCI Mini Mags specifically) and noticed hardly any ammo on the shelves!

:wtf:

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    CCI Blazers, Super X with hollow points and the Remington T-bolts. They all shoot fine in my Ruger Single Six and Winchester Model 74. I have some CCI Velocitor I want to try in the Winchester.

The Remington stuff does seem to be inconsistent, some rounds feel and sound much weaker than most. These are now restricted to the revolver.

Sinjin

Jan 21, 2009
    Okay, which one of you bought up all the .22 ammo? :mad:
    Went to a few places today looking for .22 ammo (CCI Mini Mags specifically) and noticed hardly any ammo on the shelves!

:wtf:

Yeah, same here...can't find anything I want anywhere! Ended up just getting some Winchester Super X:sad20:

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Remington Match ELEY EPS in my heavy barrelled 10/22 for target work. Federal Automatch for plinking.

I tried Wolf Match Extra and Federal Premium Gold Medal Match this weekend with less than stellar results. I'll stick with the ELEY. (There's just something about that stinky wax.):D

In my AR-15 with the CMMG .22lr conversion kit, I shoot CCI Mini-Mag (High Velocity) and it has yet to give me a failure. They are completely innaccurate in this setup, but always go bang with authority.

Mud Turtle

Jan 11, 2009
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I've got a small collection of Remington and Winchester and Federal Champions accumulated over the years. If I was to ever shoot matches again, I have some Eley 10X and Russian "Temp" and "Sniper" that I bought years ago. For most other informal shooting that I do nowadays, I like Wolf Match Target.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have a lot of Golden bullets to use up, they function decent, but have a few misfires and are not terribly accurate, but fun and cheap for dumping through big 10/22 mags. Fed automatch is more reliable and accurate, and is the only bulk plinking ammo I buy anymore, If I am going for flat out accuracy, I used to use Eley, but after discovering wolf match target, I am hooked, they are cheaper and shoot better than the Eley in my rifles and pistols, they are also subsonic out of my 20" 10/22, and are pretty quiet, the only complaint I have is the silicone like wax on the outside of the cases, probably to help functioning in autoloaders being they are loaded lightly, doesn't really hurt anything but it does get on your hands.

For those that don't know, Wolf 22 ammo is NOTHING like their steel cased centerfire ammo. Most of the good ammo is repackaged from other vendors, Wolf Gold is actually Privi Partisan, the rimfire ammo is actually Lapua, about the best there is, and uses vihtavuori powders too

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom