HQL denied to to Medical Marijuana Card?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glueru

Lead em to bleed em
    Aug 18, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    All depends on a persons ability to moderate. An age old issue with alcohol and drugs as far back as they have been around. Some are just prone to staying stoned all day and some can smoke a little and get back at it.
    just human nature, some people are thieves and some are not.
    Some cheat on their partner, some won't and don't.
    I know weed smokers of both kinds, those who veg out all day and smoke way too much, and quit a few who smoke just a bit and work their ass off and have a good productive life, nice house and wife, etc.

glueru

Lead em to bleed em
    Aug 18, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    The price of it, it becoming a rich man's drug anyways.
    My neighbor dropped a small fortune on his habit every month.
    I'm like hey, you could buy a new gun every month or a box of ammo!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Mostly depends on if it's cannabis indica or cannabis sativa.
    Indica can make people tired and lazy, and sativa can do the opposite and make you wide awake and motivated. It really effects people differently.
    Now we're really getting into the weeds, aren't we?

Lazy? Pacifist? WTH are we talking about?
    We're talking about operating dangerous machinery(guns or otherwise) under the influence of a narcotic. And don't bother splitting hairs about 'narcotic'. MJ IS a hallucinogenic. Period. We're not talking about running a chainsaw here.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The main point of my post(s) is the rules are in place , they may be fair they may be unfair . But with all things in life i try to navigate within the laws as they are and fight for the laws that suck . If I was a habitual drunkard or used drugs (mind altering) then i would give up some other things . I don't make the rules , not my fault .

To be completely honest i am not even sure how i feel on the matter , i see both sides of the coin at the same time . My political views are i don't want government to dictate crap to me on God given rights (to protect myself) but & If are big words .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    MM was sold originally ( how i remember it ) as a drug to help ease pain and suffering for sick people and quality of life . Then there are just the recreational users . I am thinking there are more recreational users claiming they are hurting and want to be able to carry weed on the go .

On a separate note my son had some very severe issues with some behaviors and eating and going thru a rough time , my wife and I enrolled my son and my wife as the care-giver . She & Him got their cards and we tried it for a month and it did not help . We were desperate . The program sucks and there is no direction or Dr. that can or will help with doses , i am here to tell folks the system is flawed in more ways then one .
    Dr's said it could help but they would not help after the deed is done .
    We felt lost and for that reason the whole thing is a state scam . IMHO

glueru

Lead em to bleed em
    Aug 18, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    I don't care what your "background" is. You don't know mine as well....
    But saying MJ is a hallucinogenic is ********.
    Just because you're a lightweight doesn't mean it applies to the population as a whole. pot is a depressant.
    I graduated 1980, everyone smoked weed and no one hallucinated on it, they did on LSD and Tea. Of course the weed then was much weaker with the exception of Meigs County Sinsemillia and other very rare types that made their way here, and it wasn't hallucinogenic either.
    Another reason not to believe clowns.
    Anyone I ever saw smoke huge amounts, just passed out with bloodshot eyes.
    And for the record, i quit smoking it long ago and can pass any test right now.

Edit: ..."everyone smoked weed and no one hallucinated on it"..., unless they were stupid to begin with

Last edited:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Just because you're a lightweight doesn't mean it applies to the population as a whole. pot is a depressant.
    I graduated 1980, everyone smoked weed and no one hallucinated on it, they did on LSD and Tea. Of course the weed then was much weaker with the exception of Meigs County Sinsemillia and other very rare types that made their way here, and it wasn't hallucinogenic either.

Edit: ..."everyone smoked weed and no one hallucinated on it"..., unless they were stupid to begin with

I like clowns and i believe the clown in what he says . I think the fine Dr. has a pretty good idea as well to the effects .

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hmmm

I would be very careful of storm drains if I were you. Not everyone I know smoked, Spicoli. I graduated in 84. There were freaks and geeks and jocks. I was a frock- freak jock. I dressed grunge with drawstring pants, white tee shirt and flannel shirt. Only tried pot once as a jr. hated it I looked like a pothead but played football and was great in school. Outrider58 is a very good friend and knows a lot of schnit. I would not be so quick to be a dildonious maximus. Disagreeing is fine. I hate monolithic groups, but.....

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Science got nothin' on you...
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5908416/
    https://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/ajp.128.2.213?journalCode=ajp

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Well that's one hell of a load of bullsh!t you just threw down.
    Apparently, you're a expert on maryjuanna. Seems I've hit a nerve.
    Perhaps you can tell us why you NEED WEED. Maybe you can help the rest of us understand the whys and necessities.
    We're listening...

Last edited:

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama

Pssssssssst.............actual experts say you're wrong.

As a result, weed can be classified as a depressant, stimulant, or hallucinogen, according to the University of Maryland. However, it’s never classified as an opiate.

Weed as a hallucinogen

Weed is perhaps most often stereotyped for its hallucinogenic effects. While hallucinations are possible, they happen rarely and don’t occur in all users. But the symptoms of weed, such as time distortion, are also part of a hallucination.

Hallucinogens are substances that alter your perception of reality, either through changes in your sensory perception or visual or auditory hallucinations.

Keep in mind that hallucinations and paranoia, which is associated with stimulants, are different things. While hallucinations are false perceptions of objects, events, or senses, paranoia involves a false idea that’s usually accompanied by suspicion.

For example, a hallucination might make you see the person walking in front of you as an animal. Paranoia, on the other hand, might make you think the person has been following you in order to harm you.

In addition to hallucinations, hallucinogens can also cause:

altered sense of time or space
    loss of control over motor skills
    increased heart rate
    nausea
    dry mouth
    detachment from self or environment

Weed can have all of these additional effects, which is why many people and organizations classify it as a hallucinogen.

Over time, using hallucinogens can lead to speech problems, memory loss, anxiety, and depression. In rare cases, people may be left with psychosis, flashbacks, or a condition called hallucinogen persisting perception disorder.

As a hallucinogen, weed doesn’t do this, but it may cause both anxiety and depression, though it can also relieve these symptoms in some people. Remember, you can also develop a tolerance to or dependence on weed, and smoking it can harm your respiratory system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom