HQL denied to to Medical Marijuana Card?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blasting

Feb 12, 2020
    But..but..but..they can still get a license and drive a car stoned. In D.C. and Baltimorgue you can get high just walking on the sidewalk from all the secondhand smoke coming from the vehicles going by.

Driving under the influence is illegal and I do not believe any card is getting anybody around that.

fauxknee

Mar 9, 2018
    Which totally goes against the right to bear arms in the first place, so I don't know why the NRA doesn't fight this more.

I don’t believe ANYBODY is going to donate to the NRA so that you can be a federal offender, aka Johnny Potsmoker, and legally purchase firearms. Doesn’t that go against basic beliefs??? I pretty sure Washington, Jefferson, and Adams weren’t “hitting a bong” and they didn’t want you to taint the concept they actually worked for.

This is an open forum and those in favor of shooting guns while supporting cannabis use should probably shut up:banghead:

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    But..but..but..they can still get a license and drive a car stoned. In D.C. and Baltimorgue you can get high just walking on the sidewalk from all the secondhand smoke coming from the vehicles going by.

This isn’t a joke. I live in Baltimore and it is not uncommon to be walking down the sidewalk (or riding my motorcycle down the street) and catch a whiff from a passing car. I’m sure they aren’t using while driving. They are just coming from the dispensary, right? So they wouldn’t be using firearms while “using”, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

christy20657

Jul 31, 2020
    Said that when the talk of such a card was going to be issued.... nobody listened lol ..... “legal marijuana” is not an accurate term.... the correct one would be “permitted use”

Honestly its basically a "permit to purchase" not use, you still can't just walk around outside smoking it, you can't carry it in your car and use it, you can't drive while under the influence and you still can get fired from a job from it. So the card really just allows you the right to purchase legally.

In my case, I had not used any type of marijuana or drugs since the 80's and had no intent of doing so. Until this past December I was diagnosed with Scleroderma after years of trying to figure out what was wrong. Finally due to pain, swelling, etc a doctor did the proper tests. I cannot take Ibuprofen 1. because I had weight loss surgery which rules out NSAIDS for me and 2. Scleroderma affects the esphogus and ibuprofen/nsaids can cause ulcers which would also affect the esophogus. They wrote me a prescription for tramadol, when I had to use one for pain, I broke out in an itchy rash all over my body so I was allergic. Next step, oxycodone (can't take percosets make me sick) and I just said no...I will have to suffer I cannot drive and take that I will not sleep and be a zombie and possibly one day an addict. I honestly had looked into CBD for my dog when he had cancer and found that even though legal to buy where ever, without regulation, you don't know what you are getting.

I have a friend who smokes marijuana recreationally who tested positive for Fentanyl after smoking marijuana purchased off the street.

I have always been by the book, do everything legal, and this was no different, I was not going to go on pain killers, I was not going to be buying off the street and I do not smoke it (again scleroderma and the lungs) so I research non stop for the benefits and each strain I check to see how it can help me because as you get used to one strain...then poof its gone and I use products that have CBD properties.

Ok why did I just explain all of that? you all don't care lol. STill on the fence about what to do and looking into options but...had it stated on that application for the MM card that I would be giving up any of my Rights at all....I would have never applied and probably would be a zombie sitting here on some kind of pain killer.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    ....Ok why did I just explain all of that? you all don't care lol. STill on the fence about what to do and looking into options but...had it stated on that application for the MM card that I would be giving up any of my Rights at all....I would have never applied and probably would be a zombie sitting here on some kind of pain killer.

I appreciate your posting it as, unfortunately, pain management is an issue near and dear to my heart and I can assure you not “all don’t care“ ... for me, 4-level fusion makes me inoperable (multiple neurosurgeons quite explicit there) the alternative to opiates (which I refuse) is MYOFASCIA release but, the Ins. Co. Ain’t havin’ none of it, even though it is 1,000 time$ cheaper than the multiple radio frequency ablations, nerve blocks and epidurals EVERY YEAR! Proven and effective pain relief exists but, I have to choose between extremely addictive opiates (Uh, “No!”) or needles inserted directly into my spinal cord and vertebrae (not painful but 3x a year sooner or later it becomes a crap shoot of something going wrong!)

Nucking futs and the neurosurgeons ASSURE me opiates no longer being a choice is on my horizon so, no doubt between ow and then I am confident someone (probably on behalf of the Ins co.) is gonna slide an app for a MM card under my nose ... (hmm, come to think of it I need to amend my HealthCare Directive)

So again, thanks for posting and I hope you get resolution and relief! :thumbsup:

fauxknee

Mar 9, 2018
    All the pain in the world still does not make this a 2A issue. Maybe the old ladies debating on who’s worse off or the rants and raves threads

fauxknee

Mar 9, 2018
    The government makes it a 2A issued.

Sorry Doc, you’re making it a 2A issue. You get high and shoot guns??? No one should. It’s a safety issue and that always comes first. Sometimes you need laws to protect us from potheads:party29:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sorry Doc, you’re making it a 2A issue. You get high and shoot guns??? No one should. It’s a safety issue and that always comes first. Sometimes you need laws to protect us from potheads:party29:

Nobody should get high and shoot guns. Nobody should drink and shoot guns. I have lots of guns. I enjoy a few drinks. I don’t mix the two. Problem solved. We need no laws to protect us from “potheads”.

fauxknee

Mar 9, 2018
    Nobody should get high and shoot guns. Nobody should drink and shoot guns. I have lots of guns. I enjoy a few drinks. I don’t mix the two. Problem solved. We need no laws to protect us from “potheads”.

The original premise of these 18 pages is that the OP who declared herself to be dependent on cannabis to function, because she needs a doctor to say cannabis is necessary, is bytching because she can’t buy guns. And then there’s a whole lot of people who agree that you should be a habitual user while buying guns and people telling her to build illegal guns. This is scary schist and the stuff that adds fuel to the gun grabbers. I’m trying to say we should be united in “saying” drugs and alcohol have no place amongst gun owners.....f the gun grabbers

fauxknee

Mar 9, 2018
    FYI, fraudulent marijuana prohibition laws have only existed since 1937. Before that cannabis was widely used as medicine in America.

LOL....prove it. You sir have proclaimed the biggest pothead statement ever!!! Stop making false claims to support you cannabis addiction :mad54:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    LOL....prove it. You sir have proclaimed the biggest pothead statement ever!!! Stop making false claims to support you cannabis addiction :mad54:

I'm an antique bottle collector, there's dozens of different cannabis medicine bottles that date back to the 1800's. Here's one from Baltimore, Maryland. Your ignorance of history is obvious.

Attachments

• baltcannabis.JPG
      baltcannabis.JPG
      31 KB · Views: 238

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    The original premise of these 18 pages is that the OP who declared herself to be dependent on cannabis to function, because she needs a doctor to say cannabis is necessary, is bytching because she can’t buy guns. And then there’s a whole lot of people who agree that you should be a habitual user while buying guns and people telling her to build illegal guns. This is scary schist and the stuff that adds fuel to the gun grabbers. I’m trying to say we should be united in “saying” drugs and alcohol have no place amongst gun owners.....f the gun grabbers

The OP stated that when pain becomes unbearable, she uses a medicine that's legal in the state, but illegal federally. I 100% support her in either
    a) building 80% firearms to exercise her INALIENABLE right to keep and bear arms while keeping her card
    b) Give up her card to buy guns through normal channels, but just obtain her medicine on the black market.

You should know that there are lots of different types of cannabis with different properties. They're very chemically complex. Some strains can be effective for mitigating the OPs symptoms without much mind altering.

You know what I find more annoying than someone discovering the infringements placed in between her and exercising her 2a rights? Someone actively pushing to support those infringements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom