• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rifelman

Aug 7, 2008
    Calvert County
    OK, the experts are out there. I want to put a 16" AR together on a RRA Lower I have. Who sells the best kit at the low end of the price spectrum. I want a lightweight barrel in 223. I need the upper assembled and head spaced. I'd like to have it together before Christmas Your suggestions??

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Check with the industry partners on the forum.
    PDI, Gun Connection, and the others...
    They may have a LPK for ya...
    Gun show may be the best place for an upper.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    What do you actual want?

At first I thought you were asking what LPK to get, but as I read it again, it looks like you want an assembled upper....?

There are some pretty good pricing right now on uppers, but I like to build mine own.

You can get everything you want at a lower price with a higher quality, and have some fun building it yourself.

As far as LPK, I recently used a spikes tactical LPK. I have to say it is the best I have used. The trigger is really smooth, and that was without me cleaning it up at all. Plus the price is under $50, so that sure doesn't hurt either!

I think the most important thing to think about is what you actual want, and what you will use this rifle for.

There are some key componets, and others that can changed or upgraded as you get the money or time.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Del-ton is caught up, very pleased with the M4 setup I got from them. J&T/Doublestar is ok but their customer service blows chunks, but still they probably will do my Grendel.

Stag is always an option as well, CMMG is shipping a variety of rifles including their Piston Uppers (relatively unproven and proprietary but fairly priced).

So lots of options.

rifelman

Aug 7, 2008
    Calvert County
    Sorry guys, It looks like I'm as clear as mud. I want a complete kit with everything except the stripped lower and mag to have a complete 16" lightweight barrel AR. I want the uppper receiver assembly already together and headspaced.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Sorry guys, It looks like I'm as clear as mud. I want a complete kit with everything except the stripped lower and mag to have a complete 16" lightweight barrel AR. I want the uppper receiver assembly already together and headspaced.

Any kit you buy will already be headspaced. Delton and Stag are decent value priced options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom