• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    I use a Maxpedition Condor II is the woods and field, what do you guy's and girls use ? I use this type back pack with single strap to take it off quick
    when hunting.
    At the range, I keep ammo, and mags in an old surplus ammo can.

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I snagged this and I quite like it, its a bit small but it holds 2 AR mags in the external pouch, ammo, eyes and ears and what not fit in the main pouch pretty well as long as you haven't brought your whole arsenal's worth of ammo... in which case I just fill an ammo can, this bag and carry crap in a walmart bag or whatever.

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    I have a old WWII / Korean Issue Bag that looks alot like WaWas he posted above. My shooting buddie gave it to me. But I kinda glazed a few shots over it the last time I went shooting. Dooohh, but amazing I didn't shoot any wholes through it. My .22 slipped down a little or the bag came up a little and I didn't notice because I was aiming through my scope.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I use a CamelBak HAWG for most of my hunting trips that require more than a few pockets full of crap.

I started out using it for my tac matches, but, at 1100 cubic inches, it is almost too small for all of the supplies and equipment needed, and I have to tie stuff to the outside, like discarded clothes, as the day warms up or activity increases. A couple big rubber bands, cut from inner tubes and worked into the webbing, works great for places to quickly tuck a heavy shirt or rain jacket that can be simply yanked free later.

I also have two CamelBak Talons, which are very nice packs that can easily accommodate a full day's junk. If carefully packed, it will also support an over-nighter if necessary.

I like the way it can stow my spare clothes and raingear completely inside, but the larger pack really tempts one to carry too much crap. Almost any pack bigger than this (1820 CI) will hold more than I can comfortably carry - a dubious advantage.

I do like the presence of several useful pockets on the outside of the Talon, where the HAWG only has one medium size pocket, and the way the Talon "unfolds" to carry odd-shaped items.

Both packs have cinch straps to compact them, as well as a few MOLLE panels that allow attachment of utility pouches.

A SAW pouch MALICE-clipped to the back panel will keep my rolled up ultra-light raingear and a boonie within easy reach. An M14 mag pouch does a great job carrying my camera and an Izzy pressure bandage.

The disadvantage of both of these packs is that they "top load" into the main compartment and, unless you're very careful how you pack your gear, you end up digging through everything every time you go into it. Good to have some lightweight stuff-sacks to segregate gear and make it easy to find.

gibby

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    Who can tell what the current Issue TA-50 is for Army soldiers. Do they still use LBVs and Alice Rucks

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    Back when I was still with an Airborne unit, we got away from the ALICE
    packs b/c the frames would break, and we went to the MOLLE packs.
    I guess a lot has changed and different branches / units, use whatever
    their quartermaster gives them.

repair-man

Mar 27, 2007
    SW MD
    Well Tapco was having a sale on all their bags and cases so I picked up one of their range bags for a good price. This thing is huge though! I could bring enough stuff to camp at the range overnight. :D

slayr15

Avtomat Klashnikov Member
    i just won a maxpedition jumbo versapack from a contest on my other faverite hang out www.oa2.org and cant wait till it arives!!!!! but i have a feildline camo range bag i got from the mart. for hunting i use a pack system from the gander mtn guide series i like a lot it has mole type straps to atach extra gear pockets and a hydration system built into the back. i also have a alice pack and frame and a lbv with all the goodies. for a shtf situation i have a blackhawk molle ranger vest w/ hydration system and it holds 8 ar mags and will excpt all molle gear.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    .50 cal ammo can for ammo/stapler/glasses, I usually bring pistols in the boxes supplied by the factory, or if I am bringing a rifle/shotgun I have a nylon drag bag with MOLLE loops and pockets for 2-4 pistols, targets, mags, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom