• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    How far west do you have to go in MD to get to good cotote hunting areas ?
    I have been told they are here on the shore, but I have never seen any. I would like to roll one out at about 200 to 300 yards. We have lots of groundhogs to shoot, but not much sport there.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    There was one dead on the side of the road between Easton and 404 a couple of years ago. Even had a picture in the paper. I went by it and at first wasn't sure it was a coyote until the paper came ot the next day. I wonder how many are on the shore now and if anyone has shot or trapped one yet.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I had a taxidermist from the Hazzard area tell me that Aberdeen Proving Ground is overrun by them. I don't really believe him though LOL

As for your 2-300 yard shot... Goodluck. We have trees on this side of the bay
    thefinger.gif

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    saw one 2 years ago almost in princess anne. only time it was seen on the farm. many tracks tho

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    I thought I saw one last Saturday, while out hunting, it was out about
    150 yards. It turned out to be a large fox. It was after something in the field
    and was digging holes. I watched it for about a half hour. There were no dove
    there, I need to find a better spot.

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    I had a taxidermist from the Hazzard area tell me that Aberdeen Proving Ground is overrun by them. I don't really believe him though LOL

thefinger.gif

when i had hunter safety class on base i got out after dark. i didnt see any coyotes but i saw alot of foxes and deer. almost ran over a fox cuz it darted in front of me.

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    Heard that Fredrock County has it's share of them but have yet to see any. My dad who's out and about a lot ( must be nice to be retired ;) ) hasn't seen any either.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    One of my customers shot a wild turkey with an arrow and had a coyote come right out and steal it, but he tried a shot at the coyote, missed, but the coyote ran off without the bird. This was in Washington county recently with fall season, but I don't know whereabouts. He said the landowner told him he hears yotes howling alot though. My customer offered to take me there to try to trap 1, but I had to decline, too busy to be going off a bunch of days away from the shop. Coyotes require days of setting sometimes, before they come back to a spot. Besides if I was to trap western MD, I'd want to get me a fisher too, and they are in better #'s further west.

Now something stepped almost into one of my traps a few nights ago and left this rather large print in the dirt. Yes the print was big enough to be a smaller sized( 25-30 pound) coyote. Maybe it will come back, I'd love more than anything to catch my first yote.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I also heard that Northeastern Balto County has a ton of them... Farmer claimed that the government brought them in to try and solve the deer problem...

I really don't believe that story at all....but it's just what I heard

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    If only northeastern balto county had them all over...

Then I'd be catching coyotes instead of mangey red foxes.

Whitehall DOES NOT have coyotes running all over the place. In fact so far this season, the red foxes seem to be missing as well, along with the usual missing raccoons, possums and skunks. I see FAR more deer sign than ANY furbearer sign. I wish the DNR would let me trap deer, boy would I pile them up in no time.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I hunt in Monkton and up off 439. My buddies mom said she saw a one before up in that area. I know a guy who saw a Bobcat the other night while bow hunting up off 439.

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    I also heard that Northeastern Balto County has a ton of them... Farmer claimed that the government brought them in to try and solve the deer problem...

I really don't believe that story at all....but it's just what I heard

That and them darned roadrunners beep beepin up and down the road :lol2:

Conundrum

Oct 19, 2007
    WV
    Farmer claimed that the government brought them in to try and solve the deer problem...
    People keep saying that up my way too and that's why they don't see many whitetail deer in the woods anymore while hunting. Also, some claim to have shot some coyotes with a tag on the ear saying "Property of Allstate".:lol2:

If that's true, where are the pics and proof?

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland

thefinger.gif

They were a few years back! APG had them transplanted to thin-out the Deer Heard.
    I would suggest going to their Web-sight, search Hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom