• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    MARYLAND: Lawmaker wants to ban hunting for kids under 13
    Associated Press

ANNAPOLIS — A Prince George's County lawmaker is proposing a ban on hunting licenses for those under 13 years old.

here is currently no age minimum for a hunting license in Maryland.

Democratic Delegate Barbara Frush says children under 13 have no business handling high-powered guns in the woods. Frush is also sponsoring a bill that would end the state's black bear hunt.

The delegate says her proposals are common-sense measures. Frush has proposed changes in hunting laws many times before without success.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    A quick look at her bio, and it should not come as any surprise.

She is one of the wackos who voted FOR state tuition for illegal immigrants, and for the 20% sales tax increase. In addition, she sponsored a bill which would let the state confiscate gift certificates that went unused.

Another example of nanny-state, control your life from cradle to grave mentality.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    MARYLAND: Lawmaker wants to ban hunting for kids under 13

Democratic Delegate Barbara Frush says children under 13 have no business handling high-powered guns in the woods.

:mad54::mad54: That time in my life gave me some of the best memories of time spent with my grandfather.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    i'm sorry, but all kinds of people i know hunted before 13, but always supervised by an adult (as i believe is legally required anyway). they are a hell of a lot safer than many adults i know!

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    i dont plan to have kids, but if i do, they will be shooting and hunting at young ages. i've also been told by friends that have/will be having kids that i'll be teaching their kids guns/gun safety.

this is BS. telling people what they can and cannot teach their children is WRONG. one more encroachment on the rights of our youth!

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    what a facko, everyday is getting nuts and nuts, maybe they should be banned from making those propoal..

I gotta run for office ..and i might win ...

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Youth Hunting Bill Moving in Four States
    Families Afield Remains Successful
    February 4, 2008 (National)

Youth Hunting Bill Moving in Four States

Elected officials in four states are moving closer to enacting legislation lowering barriers that prevent the recruitment of new hunters. :thumbsup:

The Nebraska Senate passed Legislative Bill 690 on February first by a vote of 46-1 for the third and final time. LB 690 creates an apprentice hunter education exemption certificate, which allows an experienced hunter to take a newcomer hunting before completing a hunter education course. The measure also lowers the deer hunting age for mentored youth from 12 to 10, allowing parents and mentors to share outdoor traditions with tomorrow’s hunters.

In Virginia, companion legislation continues to move forward. SB 617 passed the Senate by a vote of 39-0 while HB 1175 passed the House by a vote of 98-0. The companion bills would create a 2 year apprentice license to allow newcomers to take to the field with a licensed adult hunter prior to the completion of hunter education...

http://www.ussportsmen.org/Read1.cfm?ID=2203&programdocs=FAF

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Well I have customers with kids under 13 who hunt and they are all responsible and can certainly handle shotguns and muzzleloaders, heck the 11 yr old boy can fire a snappy .40 and a .45 acp just fine, and actually make good hits at 7 yards for his FIRST time ever firing a handgun. He got a squirrel ( or maybe several of them, not sure), some whitetails - I have 2 bucks he got in here for mounting, then his dad took him to a hog hunting farm and the boy shot a pig, and last week they went to another game farm and dad let the boy shoot a big all white fallow deer. All good clean shots.

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    I was a better shot when I was 10 -16 yrs old. I went squirrel hunting many times back in our woods by my self when I was 12 and 13. I knew how to properly handle my rifle and wanted to make sure I didn't loose the privilage to go by myself or to hurt someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom