Hebron, Md.
    My newest go-to

ar 005.JPG

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Sweet.

Is that a laser on the rail? I've been thinking of getting one. how well do they work and when do they cost?

I have the M6 on my handgun. The unit cost me about $250. IMO the laser kinda sucks bc it sits so far below the barrel. Mine is set for 5 yards. Anything closer or further from that and the thing aint worth crap. The light is bright as hell and I really do like that. I put a uni-max green laser on my CX4 and it seems to be a whole lot more accurate bc of how close it is to the barrel.

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    I have the M6 on my handgun. The unit cost me about $250. IMO the laser kinda sucks bc it sits so far below the barrel. Mine is set for 5 yards. Anything closer or further from that and the thing aint worth crap. The light is bright as hell and I really do like that. I put a uni-max green laser on my CX4 and it seems to be a whole lot more accurate bc of how close it is to the barrel.

I have to disagree. For a home defense gun you are not trying to shoot the center out of a paper target. If you put the laser on your targets center mass from any distance that you are going to be shooting inside a house or an inclosed space, the laser will be an effective tool.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I have to disagree. For a home defense gun you are not trying to shoot the center out of a paper target. If you put the laser on your targets center mass from any distance that you are going to be shooting inside a house or an inclosed space, the laser will be an effective tool.

100% agreed, but thats it. I guess I was hoping to get more out of it bc I first put it on my CX4 and had multiple problems with it. Now that its on my handgun the laser is good for someone center mass standing across the room.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    should have got the sub compact it goes anywhere and can make 50yd center mass shots with ease. I used it in Florida to Hunt the skunk ape, but never go to fire on it.

I like your style. I just like shinny things so much that I bucked up the extra $50 to get the bi-tone, there really is no difference, but at least it is shinny.

I hope the Armed services adopt the new XD 45 tactical.

Last edited:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    should have got the sub compact it goes anywhere and can make 50yd center mass shots with ease. I used it in Florida to Hunt the skunk ape, but never go to fire on it.

50yd center mass with ease from a short barrel?! Sounds like your either one hell of a shot or you are using one hell of a large target. Don't get me wrong, I've seen match grade guns shoot well but never an out of the box short barrel do something like that with ease. What is a skunk ape?

Yeah, you guys have it great over there, :lol2:

Check out the murder map, our side and then your side. We should close the bridge.

Dude, i'm with you. If I didn't have to go into sodom on the potomac every day - i would be on the shore. I'm over there pretty much all weekend evry weekend doing my bit for the shore economy.

BTW - i just finished my 6.5 Grendel

Larue stealth billet upper
    lothar - Walther 18" fluted S/S barrel
    CMT MPi carrier
    pri gas buster charging handle
    vltor gas black and folding front sight combo
    daniel defense 12" FSPM free float
    smith vortex flash hider
    arms 40L rear BUIS

(no optic yet) Thinking Nightforce 2.5 x 10. Gotta taalk to ed shell about it though

I'll test it out in a couple of weeks when i get back from the islands.

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    Dude, i'm with you. If I didn't have to go into sodom on the potomac every day - i would be on the shore. I'm over there pretty much all weekend evry weekend doing my bit for the shore economy.

BTW - i just finished my 6.5 Grendel

Larue stealth billet upper
    lothar - Walther 18" fluted S/S barrel
    CMT MPi carrier
    pri gas buster charging handle
    vltor gas black and folding front sight combo
    daniel defense 12" FSPM free float
    smith vortex flash hider
    arms 40L rear BUIS

(no optic yet) Thinking Nightforce 2.5 x 10. Gotta taalk to ed shell about it though

I'll test it out in a couple of weeks when i get back from the islands.

I think 6.5 will be my next build. Sounds like you built a nice one. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom