• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    if these guns are on the ban list... then im screwed... considering alot of my guns are on this list

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Per the bill all firearms listed in appendix A are safe..
    (3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--

`(A) any of the firearms, or replicas or duplicates of the firearms, specified in appendix A to this section, as such firearms were manufactured on October 1, 1993;

`(B) any firearm that--

`(i) is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action;

`(ii) has been rendered permanently inoperable; or

`(iii) is an antique firearm;

`(C) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than 5 rounds of ammunition; or

`(D) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than 5 rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    [rant on]:tantrum:
    This bill is bull honkey!

This thing needs to be DOA.

I like how the bill says how the SAW's had to be manufactured before 1993. Now that's going to be kinda hard to enforce, isn't it? It's like they copied the text from the old Executive Order and just added more crap to it. How much do you want to bet that if this garbarge did pass, either the guns listed will be the only ones legal for sale OR the listed guns will also be banned. We don't need new laws. We just have to enforce the ones we already have and right now we can't even do that properly! We will see this bill EVERY year until these people leave office or until it passes. That's all they are doing. Keep throwing things against the wall and hope for one to stick and one will eventually. That's how we are now stuck with the "Assault Pistol" ban in MD. These tyrants need to be removed from office. :mad54:
    [/rant off]

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    SEC. 2. RESTRICTION ON MANUFACTURE, TRANSFER, AND POSSESSION OF CERTAIN SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS.

The 94 ban didn't say anything about POSSESSION..... I need to finish my AK's and soon... Either that or I need to buy more .223....

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    (2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession or transfer of any semiautomatic assault weapon otherwise lawfully possessed under Federal law on the date of the enactment of this subsection.

You're grandfathered in, Numidian.

Matt

SoMDGuy

Threadkiller Supreme
    Apr 26, 2008
    They can ask, but I won't answer. They can search, but they won't find them. I won't lie, but neither will I cooperate. Saying more about this topic will probably upset Our Host.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Sent a letter to the RNC, and the NRA.

I pray the day never comes, but I made the decision a long time ago that if a confiscation bill passed, I would turn the bullets in first.;)

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    what's the saying? "if it's time to bury them, it's really time to dig emm up?"

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    Check out the poll on the page linked in the first thread - 2% for, 98% against. :D

When was the last time that "what the Internets think" carried any weight with politicians?

Internet polls and petitions are worthless in getting a point across. For one thing, people don't trust them because they're usually easily hacked. For another thing, people on the Internet are "weird". :innocent0

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I pray the day never comes, but I made the decision a long time ago that if a confiscation bill passed, I would turn the bullets in first.;)

When you say things like that, they just move your name to the top of the list, you know... ;)

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    When you say things like that, they just move your name to the top of the list, you know... ;)

of course, however if everyone who belived it said it, and they knew what type of resistance and losses could be expected, they may be less inclined to do so. I hold the first ammendment in the same reguard as the second.

I love my country, and would sacrifice my life to defend it.

SoMDGuy

Threadkiller Supreme
    Apr 26, 2008
    of course, however if everyone who belived it said it, and they knew what type of resistance and losses could be expected, they may be less inclined to do so.

Not really. They know that most of it is just talk. The majority of people who make brave noises about resistance don't have a clear idea of what that would entail, and fewer still have the stomach for it. I'm not sure that I would, even if things got bad enough that an organized resistance got on its feet, and I know I don't want to be one of the "early adopters" who wind up being noble martyrs to the patriots and child-molesting, meth-cooking, skinheaded religious gun freaks to everyone else.

I love my country, and would sacrifice my life to defend it.

I know you do, and so do I, but there's a difference between sacrificing yourself and committing suicide. The first few hundred or few thousand or more patriots who stand up for themselves are going to die, plain and simple. The jabbuts will wall them off and kill them, and CNN will make it sound like a win for America.

Bury your goodies deep and wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom